lilyhundre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to be a geography teacher, I am picking my options and I know geography would be good to take any other subjects that may help what a levels other than geography what degree(s) do I need thanks for the help
2childmum!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will need to do a Geography degree (or a degree with at least 50% Geography) and then usually a PGCE, although there are some schemes where you train at a school. Some universities also offer a degree in Geography and Education Studies (Durham for example) which you could look at if you are certain you want to teach.

Have a look at some universities to see what their entrance requirements are regarding A levels - You can do Geography as a BSc or a BA - it's worth having a quick look at the course content to see how they differ. Generally speaking I don't think there are any set A level for Geography - some unis don't even require Geography A level!

It's always best to choose A levels in subjects you enjoy - you will tend to do better.

You might find this page useful -

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice...tudy-geography
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (78)
18.1%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.77%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.02%

Watched Threads