Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im just wondering if you lot think its worth it for me to apply to cambridge.

This is what i got for AS and gcse:
    A Economics 264/300
    A Maths 271/300
    A Biology 252/300 (but got an average of 87% in exams)
    B in Chemistry 214/300

I am carrying on with all 4 a levels

I also got 4a*, 4a and 1b in gcse and am gonna do AEA Economics

ReputationRep:
    To do economics, presumably?

In my view, it's always worth applying.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. AAAB are good results. You can't get an offer if you don't apply!

ReputationRep:
    they might ask why you haven't done Further Maths - choose your college carefully, some are more picky about it than others.

ReputationRep:
    Not unreasonable to go for Cambridge.
    Check out the sticky threads and the econ uni application guide http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=658957
    for where else you might apply.

ReputationRep:
    apply!

it only uses up one of your options. and the challenge will just push you harder, which is always a good thing

ReputationRep:
    OMG we're almost in the exact same position! I did the same subjects as you at AS level, got pretty much the same grades at GCSE and am applying for Cambridge! So go for it

ReputationRep:
    helloo basically i need advice whether or not i should apply 2 cambridge.. i posted a similar message on another thread but the advice was crap and they kept going off topic

basically i got 7A*S 2AS 2BS at GCSES
    I got
    a- history
    b- economics
    b- maths
    c- physics

i dropped physics at a2 and picked up a AS in further maths
    im redoing 3 modules in order 2 boost my BB in maths n eco up 2 As

As you can see i havent got the best grades but im predicted AAAb my refernces will be good beacuse ive done quite abit eg, went africa 2 build a library (chairty event)

I go to a public school, my personal statement is decent

I was wondering do u think that cambridge will look at my grades n jus reject me or shall i take the risk and apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsandhu)
    helloo basically i need advice whether or not i should apply 2 cambridge.. i posted a similar message on another thread but the advice was crap and they kept going off topic

basically i got 7A*S 2AS 2BS at GCSES
    I got
    a- history
    b- economics
    b- maths
    c- physics

i dropped physics at a2 and picked up a AS in further maths
    im redoing 3 modules in order 2 boost my BB in maths n eco up 2 As

As you can see i havent got the best grades but im predicted AAAb my refernces will be good beacuse ive done quite abit eg, went africa 2 build a library (chairty event)

I go to a public school, my personal statement is decent

I was wondering do u think that cambridge will look at my grades n jus reject me or shall i take the risk and apply?
    Unless you have strong mitigating factors, I think your chances are very low.
    e.g. the bb at AS in Maths and econ is very unhelpful.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 27, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.