At what age did you know your sexuality?

Watch
gardengnome_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 14 and I don't know mine. When did you know yours? Or do you still not know? I have done so many sexuality spectrum tests and ranged from straight to bi

Please do not post anything homophobic on this thread!

Moderation reminder: please don't use this thread to debate sexuality e.g. if it's a choice - if you want to debate this, post a new thread in the Debate and Current affairs forum and post in Society subforum. Thanks!
Last edited by gardengnome_; 1 month ago
Mhazie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was about 14/15 when I came out as bi. Pretty much exactly aligned with developing a libido. Which I guess makes sense. In hindsight, I definitely should have realised earlier lol, but it took until 12/13 before different sexualities were even a thing I was properly aware of (I'm 29, for reference, I had it so much easier than older people but it was still quite different back then.)
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was wondering about it since I was about 14 and finally worked out I was asexual at 18. For about 4 years I thought I was Bi.
Mhazie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
I was wondering about it since I was about 14 and finally worked out I was asexual at 18. For about 4 years I thought I was Bi.
That's the opposite of me lol, I love it. From 12 - 14 I thought I was ace, because I didn't feel attracted to anyone and everyone else around me supposedly did.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Somewhere from 12 or 13 probably
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gardengnome_)
I'm 14 and I don't know mine. When did you know yours? Or do you still not know?
The first crush that I remember having was at 9 or 10 years old. After that I knew I was straight.

I don't really buy it, when people suddenly realise they are gay or lesbian late in life. Like I was watching an episode of First Dates the other day, and it was sort of a catchup episode 5 yrs later, and one of the people featured was the 20 year old (at the time) woman going on a date with a man. She said at one point she went to an all girls school, and whenever there was a man in the building all the girls would start messaging each other and running over..., and how excited she was. Also on the date on the show she was really into the bloke, but the bloke didn't fancy her... and she looked quite disappointed when eventually at the end he said he didn't want to see her again. So she obviously liked men. but when the show did an update on her (5 yrs later), it said she was now living in berlin and had come out as gay!?

I just don't buy it..
She was clearly into men on the show. Perhaps she is bi, but definitely not "gay"
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probs around the age of 26 (though with hindsight, I should have realised a lot earlier :lol: )? Though these things are still not quite set in stone, aged 32 :iiam:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably about 14/15 but didn't actually realise until 17/18 and finally came out as bi at 19 But that's still quite young compared to some!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
25-26 for me. I thought I was a late bloomer because I didn't feel any kind of attraction and I kept waiting and waiting for the blooming to happen, tried dating and canoodling , but attraction never happened. Turns out I was just a romantic Ace!
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I first realised I was bi at the age of about 13. I came out properly when I was around 15/ 16 although I was open about it with close friends before then. In more recent years I became familiar with the term pansexual & found it a more accurate description of my sexuality. Now I'm comfortable with both terms but a lot of the time its just easier to say I'm bi.
KAy1a.2021
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im 16 i identify as Non - Binary but i only came out to a few close friends in school to just be on the safe side instead of coming out to parents.
username5490332
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve always known I was straight. Literally since I was 4/5. Always had crushes on boys. It seems like people who are bi/gay don’t se to realise their sexuality as young as this based on the answers to this thread
deadroseex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am proud of people who have posted on this thread.
💞
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
thought i was veryyy straight my whole life until this year (20) i unexpectedly fell in love with my gf . now i don't know what to think
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I still don't 🥴
Vapordave
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had an idea by 12, only accepted it just before 14.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
About 12, but the labels and gender change and increasingly I’m more comfortable with just...being queer :lol:
Still got a long way to go, though.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I was 3 or 4.

As a background, we had relatively honest and open discussions on sex as part of the culture of my family. Mainly instigated by my mum. No topic of conversation was taboo.
Pokewars01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 14 and I don't know mine. When did you know yours? Or do you still not know?
I think i was in year 8 cos i realised i was gay and i thought i was ill cos everyone liked girls and i didnt lol
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
When I was 3 or 4.

As a background, we had relatively honest and open discussions on sex as part of the culture of my family. Mainly instigated by my mum. No topic of conversation was taboo.
Damn that's crazy, my biggest worry at 4 was whether I would be allowed chocolate.

I didn't realise until I was 19 and almost 20!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (32)
23.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
44.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.94%

Watched Threads