Can I get into LAE with these predicted grades?

Watch
ca_1234
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in year 11 and I’m applying to LAE for sixth form. I want to study biology chemistry and spanish so please let me know if these grades re good enough to get in xx
English language- 9
English literature- 8
Geography- 9
Religious studies- 8
Biology- 8
Chemistry- 7
Physics- 9
Spanish- 8
Maths- 6

My maths teacher legit knocked everyone’s grade down so that’s what I’m really worried about

Also if anyone can move this into the sixth form applications/secondary school forum or anything of that sort it would be much appreciated )
Banechann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I actually study at LAE. I think you do have the grades to get in however you will need to think of a 4th subject as well. They want you to do 4 subjects in year 12. Since you're not choosing to study mathematics, the grade 6 should be fine.
ca_1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Banechann)
Hey, I actually study at LAE. I think you do have the grades to get in however you will need to think of a 4th subject as well. They want you to do 4 subjects in year 12. Since you're not choosing to study mathematics, the grade 6 should be fine.
That’s reassured me! I thought me doing chemistry would require a higher grade. I can get a higher grade in maths but obviously by that time applications will have already been done. What subjects do you study?
Banechann
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ca_1234)
That’s reassured me! I thought me doing chemistry would require a higher grade. I can get a higher grade in maths but obviously by that time applications will have already been done. What subjects do you study?
As long as you get a 7 in the subject you want to study at a level it’s fine and obvs the 5 grades 9-7. Also let’s say you hypothetically you get rejected, you have a very good chance of getting in as long as you get good grades at the end. I didn’t apply for lae, I just went in on the day we got our gcse results and I was accepted. I currently study physics, mathematics and chemistry. What are you planning to study at University?
ca_1234
Rep:
?
As long as you get a 7 in the subject you want to study at a level it’s fine and obvs the 5 grades 9-7. Also let’s say you hypothetically you get rejected, you have a very good chance of getting in as long as you get good grades at the end. I didn’t apply for lae, I just went in on the day we got our gcse results and I was accepted. I currently study physics, mathematics and chemistry. What are you planning to study at University?
Just realised that I didn’t mention the 4th subject in the first quote sorry! But my 4th will probably be philosophy and theology. Anyway, I would like to go into either medicine or biochemistry, but preferably medicine. So you didn’t even apply at all?? Can I just ask what grades you ended up getting
Banechann
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh that's going to be interesting I feel like LAE helps mdv students a lot so you're making the right choice by applying to Lae. Yeah I didn't end up applying at all so I didn't have to do the interviews etc. I ended up getting 9998887776.
ca_1234
Rep:
?
Oh that's going to be interesting I feel like LAE helps mdv students a lot so you're making the right choice by applying to Lae. Yeah I didn't end up applying at all so I didn't have to do the interviews etc. I ended up getting 9998887776.
That’s amazing!!! What were each of those grades for if you don’t mind me asking? And what were the grades for the four subjects you chose to do?
Banechann
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ca_1234)
That’s amazing!!! What were each of those grades for if you don’t mind me asking? And what were the grades for the four subjects you chose to do?
Thank you! I got 9 for Maths, RE and One of the science grades ( I did double science). I got 8 for other science, graphics and English language. I got 7 for History, Business and Computer science. 6 for English literature. I got 9-8 for sciences and 9 for maths. I initially chose further maths, maths, physics and chemistry in year 12. I got 9 in maths and 9-8 for double science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (75)
17.81%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.09%

Watched Threads