mjrpigrew
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
help on my title, ur opinions, and any sources u can find on it, please!!!should the care of patients who have self-inflicted lifestyle diseases, such as drug abuse, be deprioritized over other patients?
Donnialy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mjrpigrew)
help on my title, ur opinions, and any sources u can find on it, please!!!should the care of patients who have self-inflicted lifestyle diseases, such as drug abuse, be deprioritized over other patients?
Hey I gathered some opinions. Hope they help.

Yes deprioritised
- e.g smoking - know they are in the wrong, alternative "healthier" methods to use, costs NHS millions per year
- e.g. alcohol abuse - know it's bad, causes cirrhosis (liver damage) - needs a liver transplant, costs NHS millions per year
- e.g. drug abuse - depends, if teens then they need rehabilitation but should be informed. If they are informed prior to abuse then obvs get treatment but perhaps after other patients

Other factors to consider: e.g if someone isn't aware of the effects (they should still not be reckless), if its caused by a genetic factor e.g mental illness, etc.

Sorry its long and also sorry for any typos - am not good at typing !! lol.
mjrpigrew
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Donnialy)
Hey I gathered some opinions. Hope they help.

Yes deprioritised
- e.g smoking - know they are in the wrong, alternative "healthier" methods to use, costs NHS millions per year
- e.g. alcohol abuse - know it's bad, causes cirrhosis (liver damage) - needs a liver transplant, costs NHS millions per year
- e.g. drug abuse - depends, if teens then they need rehabilitation but should be informed. If they are informed prior to abuse then obvs get treatment but perhaps after other patients

Other factors to consider: e.g if someone isn't aware of the effects (they should still not be reckless), if its caused by a genetic factor e.g mental illness, etc.

Sorry its long and also sorry for any typos - am not good at typing !! lol.
thank you! and yes I agree I have been looking at different types of self-inflicted illnesses however I have to be careful because there is another girl doing it so I, therefore, cannot overlap with it - annoying but I have to avoid it.

do you have any source? or ideas of where I can find sources?
Donnialy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mjrpigrew)
thank you! and yes I agree I have been looking at different types of self-inflicted illnesses however I have to be careful because there is another girl doing it so I, therefore, cannot overlap with it - annoying but I have to avoid it.

do you have any source? or ideas of where I can find sources?
hey sorry i dont really have any sources perhaps they may be something on the NHS website? I have done HPQ and I know that part of primary research is giving surveys and stuff - you could do that for urs? (if its the same method for both HPQ and EPQ). sorry I couldn't help more. hope it goes well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed