wib23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm a first year student at Aberystwyth and have just been informed by my current flatmates that they have found a house for themselves for next year and I'm not included. I feel a bit let down but could see it coming as not in hindsight i knew we didn't click. Due to the current covid situation i haven't had chance to meet people and are unlikely to with the current rules. U got any suggestions because i don't want to be a second year living in uni halls but I feel like thats my only option. Also I feel a bit awkard around my current flatmates and I will have to live with them for the next few months.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wib23)
Hi, I'm a first year student at Aberystwyth and have just been informed by my current flatmates that they have found a house for themselves for next year and I'm not included. I feel a bit let down but could see it coming as not in hindsight i knew we didn't click. Due to the current covid situation i haven't had chance to meet people and are unlikely to with the current rules. U got any suggestions because i don't want to be a second year living in uni halls but I feel like thats my only option. Also I feel a bit awkard around my current flatmates and I will have to live with them for the next few months.
Hey wib23!

Do you have a facebook student housing group for your uni?
There will more than likely be people on there looking for people to live with next year

I hope this helps you!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
accommodationforstudents.com
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
There is a section on our website which helps connect students in the same area with other students who have a space room available in their house. There is no commitment and you are able to chat with the other students to make sure it is the right fit for everyone. Our website is https://www.accommodationforstudents...housemates.asp

Hope this helps!
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi wib23

I am a 3rd year Media and Communication student at Aberystwyth University.

I have been in your situation twice and both times I managed to find new flatmates using Facebook groups. There are 2 main groups: Angry/Homeless Aberystwyth Students and Aberystwyth Rooms & Accommodation. It is worth trying there. It would be good to specify whether you already have a flat you are interested in or if you are looking for a group of people to start searching for a flat. This method turned out to be very effective for me.

However, remember that if you don't find flatmates, it doesn't mean you will have to move to uni halls. Many letting agencies let individual rooms. You can ask if they have any rooms available using mentioned FB groups. It is also a good idea to check websites such as spareroom.co.uk. The other option is to find an existing group that is looking for 1 more flatmate.

Either way, I would recommend starting from Facebook groups.

I hope it helps! If you have any more questions – let me know.
Natalia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.84%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.87%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.05%

Watched Threads