Lonely in Sixth Form

Watch
sarcasticpisces
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I started sixth form college in September, Academically, I'm really enjoying it but, as we're only going in part-time because of covid, I've struggled to settle in and make friends. I do have a small group who I hang out with now but I haven't really got to know them. Over the lockdown in the spring, I realised that my friendship group at my old school was kinda toxic. Just wondering if anybody else feels kinda lonely/sad at the minute? Like you're kinda stuck in the middle of two phases of your life and don't really have anyone to turn to? Hope that makes sense X
nerual16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is the exact same as me, it's really hard to make friends because 1. you hardly see them and 2. there's nothing much happening in life to talk about right now. I'm sure this will all change soon once covid is over because then we can mix abit more. Also yes I do sometimes feel as though yes I've started college but haven't really STARTED if you get me. Dont worry it's not just you, pretty much everyone I've spoken to feels the same apart from a couple who were really popular already anyway.
Last edited by nerual16; 1 month ago
sarcasticpisces
Rep:
?
Thanks, it's great to hear that it's not just me! X
sarcasticpisces
Rep:
?
(Original post by nerual16)
This is the exact same as me, it's really hard to make friends because 1. you hardly see them and 2. there's nothing much happening in life to talk about right now. I'm sure this will all change soon once covid is over because then we can mix abit more. Also yes I do sometimes feel as though yes I've started college but haven't really STARTED if you get me. Dont worry it's not just you, pretty much everyone I've spoken to feels the same apart from a couple who were really popular already anyway.
What you said about not having REALLY started makes so much sense, it's kind of like my old friend have been able to move on and make a fresh start but I'm still stuck in an awkward in-between phase X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (85)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.29%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.07%

Watched Threads