Is it possible to write a personal statement for both biochem and geology?

Watch
mma_jd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Both courses interest me and I don't wanna make a decision fully on which one yet, so I'm planning on maybe applying for biochem at 3 unis and geology at 2 others? Could I write a competitive personal statement for both?
mma_jd
Rep:
?
bump
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not recommended.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably not, they don't seem to respond well to lack of commitment and your word limit is tight.
mma_jd
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Probably not, they don't seem to respond well to lack of commitment and your word limit is tight.
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Not recommended.
How about if I apply for biochem and biology? Could I do that? And then if I decide I really wanna pursue geology I could probably easily switch from biology to geology?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mma_jd)
How about if I apply for biochem and biology? Could I do that? And then if I decide I really wanna pursue geology I could probably easily switch from biology to geology?
It's less of a concern, but still not considered ideal tbh. I'm no expert, but i've never seen a multipurpose personal statement recommended. You'll likely find folk here with far better advice/experience of writing them than me.
Studentystudent!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mma_jd)
Surely it would be easier to switch from chemistry to geology and geology isn’t really related at all to biology. That one would be a waste if you want to transfer. You’d likely have to go through UCAS again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.97%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (122)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads