sujana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so I just became the student representative for first year to represent the students who study the same course as me. And I planned to create survey and ask them a bunch of questions on how they are finding the course and also making sure they have an opportunity to raise any concerns/issues. But what kind of question should I ask? If anyone has done anything like this before, please give us some example. I have some questions ready but i would like some new good idea. Thank you
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sujana)
Hi, so I just became the student representative for first year to represent the students who study the same course as me. And I planned to create survey and ask them a bunch of questions on how they are finding the course and also making sure they have an opportunity to raise any concerns/issues. But what kind of question should I ask? If anyone has done anything like this before, please give us some example. I have some questions ready but i would like some new good idea. Thank you
Hiya!

Congratulations!

I think a good few questions to include should be about improvements for specific modules in the course, how content is taught, if content should be more interactive (e.g. include quizzes in lectures), changes made to assessments and any general concerns students may have.

Don't forget to ask what lecturers have done well, and positive aspects that students feel about the course!

Sam- official Student Rep
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sujana)
Hi sujana,

I'm also a student representative for my course and we have meetings every semester. There is another student representative on the course and we usually work together to plan our agenda before the meeting. We would usually stay five minutes behind at the end of our class to ask students for their feedback. However, due to everything being online this semester, we email the students asking for their concerns and our course coordinators also appreciate general feedback to enable them to make improvements on the course. I think creating a survey with general questions about how students are finding the course is a good idea as it's efficient and something they can fill out quickly

Melissa- Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (72)
67.92%
I don't have everything I need (34)
32.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed