Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I sold my electronic drum kit on ebay a couple of weeks ago, It was working perfectly the night before I packed it up to be sent off by royal mail to a guy in newcastle.

The buyer has now requested a refund through paypal saying that it is not powering properly. I state in my ebay auctions that I do not offer refunds... But my paypal is currently showing £-217 because of this dispute, and I cant use the account until it is settled.

Legally am I in the wrong if a product is damaged in transit?

Help would be appreciated!

Andy

ReputationRep:
    Did you insure the postage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Towelie88)
    Hi all!

I sold my electronic drum kit on ebay a couple of weeks ago, It was working perfectly the night before I packed it up to be sent off by royal mail to a guy in newcastle.

The buyer has now requested a refund through paypal saying that it is not powering properly. I state in my ebay auctions that I do not offer refunds... But my paypal is currently showing £-217 because of this dispute, and I cant use the account until it is settled.

Legally am I in the wrong if a product is damaged in transit?

Help would be appreciated!

Andy
    I do not think your liable for anything and this is a common problem with paypal because they are jackasses. Alot of people get screwed over by paypal in the UK because the buyer opens a dispute and paypal general takes there side rather then the seller to help protect the buyer, which is ludacrus.

Firstly, you did insure the package right?

If you did, then you can claim your money back from royal mail as long as you paid the correct package insurance fees.

If you did not, you stated in your auction that you do not offer refunds and that is a T/C of the agreement of a legally binding agreement which the buyer agreed to. You should email paypal and demand that your monies are returned otherwise you will take furthur action to redeem it because the package you sent was working when you sent it and you also stated no refunds in your ebay auction (which paypal considering belongs to ebay should have checked). If you have good feedback on ebay aswell, that will be a plus as it will prove you are no liar.

If paypal still refuse, open up a small claims action against them for court.

Goodluck.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.