The Student Room Group

Help! Can't choose!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TahrianAhmed
What do you deem more important, would you like a good department, Newcastle, or a or a mildly better city, Liverpool? It is all dependant on your priorities and remember you will only be staying there for a few years!

Yeah, when you put it like that.... For some reason, I just really prefer the vibe of Liverpool.. which is probably a stupid reason to base it on. It's annoying because the Newcastle course is the best of the 3 in year 1 and Liverpool is the worst, but then in year 2 liverpool is the best and newcastle is second, and in year 3 edinburgh is best and liverpool is second
For the course:
year 1
1st - newcastle
2nd - edinburgh
3rd - liverpool

year 2
1st - liverpool
2nd - newcastle
3rd - edinburgh

year 3
1st - edinburgh
2nd - liverpool
3rd - newcastle

for the location:
1 - liverpool
2 - newcastle
3 - edinburgh
Original post by something_orphic
yeah i had a similar problem. i watched a lot of peoples personal experiences and what they thought as well as some amateur youtube tours so that it was not all dolled up.

yeah that sounds like a really good idea
Firstly universities dont run out of offers. The equal consideration is an agreement they have with UCAS. They HAVE to honour it. What happens in practice is that every university gives out many more offers than they will have places. They know that most students will choose elsewhere as they can have up to 5 choices. They also know every year some applicants dont reach their offers. Some use what is called a gathered field and others dont start making offers until Jan but all know what they are doing and you WILL be treated equally as long as you apply by the deadline.

Secondly dont rush it and tell your school you havent decided.Whatever you decide is for you and nothing to do with your school. They will have done their part by giving you a reference and sending it off to UCAS. The decision of where you go to and when you make that decision is yours and you shouldnt feel pressurised into making a hasty decision. Personally I would say if you got a bad vibe from somewhere dont go there. You have to live there for 3 or more years. I suspect your best options are Manchester, Bristol, Liverpool and Newcastle. You do realise that you dont have to apply to 5 universities dont you. You can just apply to 3 if that is your wish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending