The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham or UCL for chem eng?

I'll be studying chemical engineering next year (2021 entry) and Notts and UCL are my top two choices. Which one would be better in terms of education, social life/uni/accom etc? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Both have courses that are accredited by IChemE so would satisfy the education base for becoming a chartered engineer.

London is very expensive to live in - but there is stuff you can do and see in London that is hard to do elsewhere.
Nottingham has a lovely campus and accom can be pretty cheap (one of my kids was paying £70 per week for an OK room in an OK house 4 years ago). Sport is generally pretty good.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I'll be studying chemical engineering next year (2021 entry) and Notts and UCL are my top two choices. Which one would be better in terms of education, social life/uni/accom etc? Thank you :smile:

Once upon a time I chose between these two unis for mechanical engineering.

I ended up choosing Nottingham on the basis that I thought it would be a more enjoyable student experience; and that the costs of living make Nottingham a better place to live in general for students, I also loved the campus, and the research in a particular area. UCL is more prestigious in general but for engineering specifically this is not the case.

The benefit of UCL is if you want to go into finance or similar but probably not much difference elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending