everything73
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have not see a thread for people applying to EDF apprenticeships in 2020 for 2021 so I thought I would make one.
I'm in year 13 applying for the degree apprenticeship programme at Hinkley Point C. I do Physics, maths and biology A-Level
RowanAlkali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,I have applied for the same position.Have you heard anything back from them yet?
everything73
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by RowanAlkali)
Hi,I have applied for the same position.Have you heard anything back from them yet?
I haven’t finished my application yet I was waiting for proof of my work experience from months ago because I’d don’t want to state I had done it if I had no proof and then I’ve been so ill, I have a few more things to cover but apparently they don’t even sort through them until after the deadline unlike university applications
everything73
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by RowanAlkali)
Hey just an update, I got invited to do online assessments this week, have you heard anything yet ?
rowan alkali
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by everything73)
Hey just an update, I got invited to do online assessments this week, have you heard anything yet ?
Congrats!!
No, I haven't heard back from them yet 😬.
everything73
Rep:
?
(Original post by rowan alkali)
Congrats!!
No, I haven't heard back from them yet 😬.
Don’t worry lots of people Ik who have better grades and more work experience than me haven’t heard back yet, they did say it would take ages to work through all the applications
rowan alkali
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t worry lots of people Ik who have better grades and more work experience than me haven’t heard back yet, they did say it would take ages to work through all the applications
Did you do you're work experience with EDF? I did mine at GE.
till8902678
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied for the Chemistry degree apprenticeship and also got invited to do an online assessment, how did you find the assessments?
everything73
Rep:
?
(Original post by till8902678)
I applied for the Chemistry degree apprenticeship and also got invited to do an online assessment, how did you find the assessments?
I didn’t finish the verbal reasoning one or the checking one and the mechanical one I finish but I don’t feel confident, I haven’t done the numerical one yet because my WiFi is down. How did you find the assessments
everything73
Rep:
?
(Original post by rowan alkali)
Did you do you're work experience with EDF? I did mine at GE.
Yeah I have done a few days of work experience at edf energy, but I don’t think they really care about that overall I think it’s more about the grades and how you present yourself online
till8902678
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn’t finish the verbal reasoning one or the checking one and the mechanical one I finish but I don’t feel confident, I haven’t done the numerical one yet because my WiFi is down. How did you find the assessments
I really struggled with time on the numerical one so I basically guessed the last 3 questions, but I finished the verbal one in good time, and checking one was really intense. The mechanical one was the hardest because I take a level chem, biology, and pe so I really didn't have a clue, but I did well in the practice so hopefully, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.
everything73
Rep:
?
I really struggled with time on the numerical one so I basically guessed the last 3 questions, but I finished the verbal one in good time, and checking one was really intense. The mechanical one was the hardest because I take a level chem, biology, and pe so I really didn't have a clue, but I did well in the practice so hopefully, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.
Yeah I felt the mechanical one was completely different to the practice mechanical and the checking one was so bad, I have processing delay so I couldn’t do the 6 or 5 second questions at all
everything73
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I received an email today inviting me to the virtual assessment centre ! Have you heard anything yet?
till8902678
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I received an email today inviting me to the virtual assessment centre ! Have you heard anything yet?
Well done !! No, I haven't heard anything back yet. GOOD LUCK
everything73
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Well done !! No, I haven't heard anything back yet. GOOD LUCK
Well rejection emails went out today someone I know got one but they were also on the nuclear scheme like I am so maybe chemistry is going by a different timeline if you’ve not heard anything back !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (648)
48.39%
No (691)
51.61%

Watched Threads