How to download Netflix on iphone 5s of ios 12.49 when Netfix is 13.0?

Watch
Keri00Summers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
That's my question - I don't have any other phone to download Netflix so I am not sure what to do....
Can you help me?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
That's my question - I don't have any other phone to download Netflix so I am not sure what to do....
Can you help me?
If you've downloaded Netflix previously, you might be able to go into the Purchased page in the App Store and be offered a download for a compatible version. If you haven't then it's a lot trickier, as the App Store only offers the newest version of an app for first time downloads so you're going to have to look into what is known as sideloading- the act of finding the file for a 12.4.9 compatible version of the Netflix app online and forcing an install onto your iPhone. The most common ways of doing this are either by jailbreaking your phone and using the tools available from the jailbreak community to install apps from other locations, or by abusing developer features to install them onto the device without the use of the iOS app store. I'm not familiar enough with iOS exploits to give you any more detailed instructions, so do some googling or consult more knowledgeable communities like r/jailbreak on reddit.
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
Can you help me?
Download iTunes 12.6.3 on your PC. There is an App Store option (not available in later versions) that allows you to download the app. Once that's downloaded, go into the App Store on your phone, you'll be prompted to install an older version of Netflix. Things like this make me avoid Apple, there's no need for the hassle.
chryssucks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can’t you download the old version of Netflix, it’s got the same things on it? when my phone broke i used my iphone 5s and i watched Netflix fine
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chryssucks)
can’t you download the old version of Netflix, it’s got the same things on it? when my phone broke i used my iphone 5s and i watched Netflix fine
If the the most recent version of an app in the App Store is incompatible with your version of iOS, Apple will only give you the option to install an earlier version of the app if you had already downloaded it on that phone in the past- iPhones that have never downloaded the app before will just be told they're running an incompatible version of iOS.
chryssucks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
If the the most recent version of an app in the App Store is incompatible with your version of iOS, Apple will only give you the option to install an earlier version of the app if you had already downloaded it on that phone in the past- iPhones that have never downloaded the app before will just be told they're running an incompatible version of iOS.
ohh that explains it then, thanks for clarifying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads