Getting a job at 16 years old

Watch
Maddiebrooker05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, I'm 16 and looking for a part time job around Bracknell, I have applied to over 20 jobs and all rejected. it may be down to Covid or my lack of experience. I have been applying for months and I'm so sick of it. Someone please help or give advice.
gracieee16
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry, it's probably just because a lot of people have lost their jobs due to covid-19 and a lot of experienced people , perhaps applied but keep trying! You will be accepted into somewhere. It's hard as everyone's looking into retail , fast food restaurant jobs as they are all open at the minute. But I promise you , you will find something . It's tricky, I've been looking too and had an interview with McDonald's so hope i get accepted , fingers crossed. Perhaps , try and find a fast food restaurant to apply for. They hire anyone . Good luck! Stay positive x
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will find it v hard going just now, as there is such a glut of people with experience looking to take whatever they can, esp over Christmas with a lot of the normal retail temps and such a no go.

20 honestly isn't a lot, you just need to plug away and try to be in the right place at the right time for something. I'd normally recommend a bit of volunteering to add to the CV but I know that's also pretty messed up just now.
Maddiebrooker05
Rep:
?
(Original post by gracieee16)
Don't worry, it's probably just because a lot of people have lost their jobs due to covid-19 and a lot of experienced people , perhaps applied but keep trying! You will be accepted into somewhere. It's hard as everyone's looking into retail , fast food restaurant jobs as they are all open at the minute. But I promise you , you will find something . It's tricky, I've been looking too and had an interview with McDonald's so hope i get accepted , fingers crossed. Perhaps , try and find a fast food restaurant to apply for. They hire anyone . Good luck! Stay positive x
thanks you, good luck on your interview I have just lost confidence as I been applying for like 7 months x
Maddiebrooker05
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
You will find it v hard going just now, as there is such a glut of people with experience looking to take whatever they can, esp over Christmas with a lot of the normal retail temps and such a no go.

20 honestly isn't a lot, you just need to plug away and try to be in the right place at the right time for something. I'd normally recommend a bit of volunteering to add to the CV but I know that's also pretty messed up just now.
Thankyou, I have look for volunteering as well no where have accepted me.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Maddiebrooker05)
Hiya, I'm 16 and looking for a part time job around Bracknell, I have applied to over 20 jobs and all rejected. it may be down to Covid or my lack of experience. I have been applying for months and I'm so sick of it. Someone please help or give advice.
Try all shops, supermarkets, fast food places etc.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is somewhat risky but consider childcare
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
This is somewhat risky but consider childcare
Do we still allow that? I had the impression the days of the teenage babysitter were kind of past us in terms of legality and responsibility?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (85)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.29%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed