Do women and men perceive attractiveness differently?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When talking about female attractiveness specifically. It seems what men are attracted/turned on by to is often different from what girls think is pretty but women don't seem to get this.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I think so.
'Men are from mars and women are from venus'.

Of course all individuals have their own beauty standards and attraction preferences.
But I think that most heterosexual guys and gay women will have very different opinions & preferences as regards beauty standards, sexual attraction elements towards women and relationship dealbreakers when seeking a hookup or serious gf.
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think so!

everyone perceives beauty differently, so i cannot generalise and say “all men like ...” because it simply wouldn’t be true.

i think men and women are so different and society has picked at parts of both men and women that we “should” find attractive. people grow up with the stigma of women having to look a certain way and it’s the same for men!

I think men and women perceive attractiveness differently, but every individual also has their own taste
Anonymous #1
That's a major difference you see, men wanting curves but women coveting skinniness.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yh i think this works vice versa too, most guys wanna go to the gym and have massive muscles but personally I'm not that interested in super buff guys - just me orrrr?
Obviously body type is definitely not everything and no one should be basing their own body confidence off of what they think others will be attracted to as there is always someone that will find you attractive
Anonymous #1
And yet most girls prefer the dad bod where he is even a bit podgy. brad pitt in troy would be a turn off for me, I'd prefer chris pratt in parks and rec.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Random comments from Turkish guys on the street when I visited Grand Bazaar... "U have a fine Brazilian ass".... next one, not even one minute later... "ur ass is too big...." yeah so Turkish dudes r not pc to female tourists but they clearly see the same xact feature in totally different ways.... so who knows wat is attractive to "guys" in general.... watever idc my ass is great 4 me
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
And yet most girls prefer the dad bod where he is even a bit podgy. brad pitt in troy would be a turn off for me, I'd prefer chris pratt in parks and rec.

Correction, most girls say they prefer a dad bod

I've never seen a girl swoon over a dad bod......
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)

I've never seen a girl swoon over anyone.

What's your case?
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candydiva)
Random comments from Turkish guys on the street when I visited Grand Bazaar... "U have a fine Brazilian ass".... next one, not even one minute later... "ur ass is too big...." yeah so Turkish dudes r not pc to female tourists but they clearly see the same xact feature in totally different ways.... so who knows wat is attractive to "guys" in general.... watever idc my ass is great 4 me
Lmfao that sums up Turkey for you. Men there are very open, also paradoxically really conservative. Same with Egypt, love staring, touching and general creepiness but their personal attitudes towards sex are draconion.
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Here we go again :rolleyes: :lol:
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
I've never seen a girl swoon over anyone.

What's your case?

watch from 0:28 to 0:37

it says it all really......

Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
watch from 0:28 to 0:37

it says it all really......

Literally in front of cameras their like that....have you seen it in real life. Videos/TV/movies are all faked.....that could just be for clout. Lets be real, we dont know who girls like so lets leave it at that.

Your case has gaping holes, fix it then come back
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everyone regardless of gender perceives attractiveness differently. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and whatnot..
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
Literally in front of cameras their like that....have you seen it in real life. Videos/TV/movies are all faked.....that could just be for clout. Lets be real, we dont know who girls like so lets leave it at that.

Your case has gaping holes, fix it then come back
That was not staged.. He was working out in the gym doing one of his videos (he does a lot of fitness videos), some random girl saw him and started oogling, her bf saw ...and got so scared that he immediately shuttled her away. lmao

When have you ever seen or heard anything that comes anything remotely close to that involving a guy with a dad bod?

everyone knows dad bods never get girls acting anywhere close to that.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That was not staged.. He was working out in the gym doing one of his videos (he does a lot of fitness videos), some random girl saw him and started oogling, her bf saw ...and got so scared that he immediately shuttled her away. lmao

When have you ever seen or heard anything that comes anything remotely close to that involving a guy with a dad bod?

everyone knows dad bods never get girls acting anywhere close to that.
Girls like guys with dad bods not for their bods but for what they represent. Maturity. Bicep guys just look like gym rats, like sure it's hot and all but you obviously spend your life in the gym all the time and with that comes a perception of vanity and immaturity.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dad bod represent complacency,mediocrity and arguably laziness...

especially if you're under 30.....
Or laid back, mature, not concerned with self-image and having other responsibilities. You can swing it either way really. If I see people that have lots of muscle and they aren't training for a sport or got it from working a serious physical job I just think what a fluff they might be trying to impress other people a little too hard.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All i'm saying is that girls may claim they prefer dad bods but you never see them swoon or anything, like you see it times with guys with six packs ....so i don't think in reality it's all that true....
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When talking about female attractiveness specifically. It seems what men are attracted/turned on by to is often different from what girls think is pretty but women don't seem to get this.
People perceive attractiveness differently. I don’t think you can generalise to all men and all women.

Plus, women might not want to dress/present in a way men find attractive!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tashkent46)
Girls like guys with dad bods not for their bods but for what they represent. Maturity. Bicep guys just look like gym rats, like sure it's hot and all but you obviously spend your life in the gym all the time and with that comes a perception of vanity and immaturity.
Very true, Dad bod is not someone to scream and swoon over he's someone to have a normal conversation with, with the potential of becoming the father of your children . The gym fanatic look is impressive and not something you see everyday, but you can't take him seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.97%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (122)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads