Want more information about this university?

University of Birmingham accommodation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I've been offered a place for next year and was wondering which the best accommodation is? The uni website isn't very helpful in terms of what the social life is like at the different accommodations
Jns 90
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think the accommodation really drives the social life more so the mix of students I think.
SXD100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No social life with corona anyway...
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I've been offered a place for next year and was wondering which the best accommodation is? The uni website isn't very helpful in terms of what the social life is like at the different accommodations
Hi, do you have any questions about a particular accommodation/site? It really depends on what you're looking for! The Vale is the only site that has catered halls as far as I'm aware but is 20 mins walk to Uni, while other sites in Selly Oak are closer but have a lot of older years living around the area so may not have the same kind of atmosphere as places with only freshers. Other things to consider are whether you want en-suite/shared bathroom and if you want somewhere closer to the city centre. Most people I've spoken to say their accommodation is the 'best' but I've heard especially good things about Tennis Courts on the Vale being very sociable. If you have any more questions about the Vale in particular, feel free to ask as I lived there (in Shackleton) during my first year :-)

Hope that helps!
- Prithvi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (79)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed