xcharleyxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am planning on living at home when starting uni next year. I wanted to know if I will get the same uni experience, social life etc as students who are living on campus?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. I have lots of commuter friends, including myself, who have not had any aspect of their university experience compromised by living at home.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xcharleyxo)
I am planning on living at home when starting uni next year. I wanted to know if I will get the same uni experience, social life etc as students who are living on campus?
I would say it does impact student life if you let it. Sports and societies mostly happen in the evening and the social scene at undergrad is late hours meaning living close by really helps integrate into the social side of uni.
You can make it work, you just need to be proactive about going out and staying in contact and meeting up with people outside of lectures.

Lots of people do it tho, you save a lot of money on accommodation and other costs.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me leaving home was a large part of the student experience. This said I don’t think it will really affect the academic side of things, it should be possible to still get involved in clubs and there is the opportunity to save lots of cash.
xcharleyxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yeah I don’t live far away from the uni I want to attend. Probably about 5-10 mins away so I hope it doesn’t impact my student life too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads