Trying to get my life in check and need tips?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my life has been in the air for a while, recently I was trying my best at work (well I'm doing my apprenticeship so I'm trying to build my confidence) It was going amazing for the last 2 weeks then boom drama started again with my ex and my friend (long story)

I decided to get rid of him for a while so I could improve on myself cause I was feeling quite down, like a brick on my chest constantly. I have a lot to figure out
- My bad eczema
- Mental health
- Ingrown toenails
- Acne on my chin
- My confidence at work
- The way I view my self
- More self-care

All I've ignored for months cause I've been caring about others more than me, the reason why I got rid of my ex cause I thought for months we were going amazing and would get back together but just broke my heart again.

Anyway, I would appreciate any help with these areas as I'm really struggling with everything at the moment and want to improve on myself...

Thank you so much! xx
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Can I ask what your current skincare routine involves? And what exactly you lack confidence about?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
don't know what your skin type is but maybe try acnecide 5% gel from superdrug as a spot treatment, cleared my skin up so good and not too expensive also research some products from theordinary they have such good affordable skincare, skinbyhyram's youtube channel
good self-care will literally improve most things on this list as it makes you feel so much better physically and mentally - get a few candles, body scrubs, face masks and dedicate at least one evening a week to having a little self-love evening and just relax and treat yourself
in terms of friends - its good you cut off these people if they're just bringing you negative energy, trust me it will only get better from here x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
don't know what your skin type is but maybe try acnecide 5% gel from superdrug as a spot treatment, cleared my skin up so good and not too expensive also research some products from theordinary they have such good affordable skincare, skinbyhyram's youtube channel
good self-care will literally improve most things on this list as it makes you feel so much better physically and mentally - get a few candles, body scrubs, face masks and dedicate at least one evening a week to having a little self-love evening and just relax and treat yourself
in terms of friends - its good you cut off these people if they're just bringing you negative energy, trust me it will only get better from here x
all that stuff might not even be necessary, considering you can get acne and eczema treatment for free on the nhs 🤷*♀️
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
all that stuff might not even be necessary, considering you can get acne and eczema treatment for free on the nhs 🤷*♀️
true but personally i think its better to try products before using medication especially for acne since it can have loads of side effects
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
true but personally i think its better to try products before using medication especially for acne since it can have loads of side effects
That's a pretty worrying mentality. You shouldn't dissuade people from getting medical help. If a doctor prescribes you medication, you probably need it. If you didn't need it they wouldn't prescribe it to you. And you can always turn them down if you don't want the medication. That's what I did when they offered to give me antidepressants. Encouraging people to try and self-medicate without seeing a doctor at all is kind of silly when we live in a nation where healthcare is literally free. Besides, I'm not even necessarily talking about hardcore mediation like pills. My GP gave me moisturisers and creams and **** like that when I came to them about my skin issues. Never had any side affects from the creams they gave me.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ingrown toenails - see a podiatrist.

The rest - see a doctor as the physical and mental health are related.
Anonymous #1
Can I ask what your current skincare routine involves? And what exactly you lack confidence about?
My current skincare routine is, moisturiser, cleanser, exfoliator, eye cream and the ordinary niacinamide serum!
My lack of confidence is definitely feeling judged constantly, I'm an overthinker haha
Anonymous #1
Awh thank you! I'll have a look at this! And love self care love it haha I'll definitely try a few of these x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Ingrown toenails - see a podiatrist.

The rest - see a doctor as the physical and mental health are related.
Cheers x
Anonymous #1
Truueeee?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Truueeee?
If you're asking if what I said was true, then yes, it should be. I used to have eczema as a child, went to the doctors, got prescribed the appropriate skin cream for free. As a young teen, I went to the doctor about my spots/acne and once again I got free creams to help with my skin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.06%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads