NBeck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had an interview for the PGCE Primary course at Sunderland uni and got offered a conditional offer which I am happy about because this is where I want to go because I am in my third year at Sunderland. But then I have been invited for an interview at Newcastle uni for the PGCE and I don’t know whether I should still do that interview or just withdraw my application and accept Sunderland.
Any advice would be helpful.
lizz-ie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is something which is completely up to you. Just be aware that you can't reverse a decision to withdraw, so only withdraw from Newcastle if you're 100% certain on accepting Sunderland. You could do the interview for Newcastle and find out that you'd love to do the course there, so make sure you've thought about it if you are thinking of withdrawing.

Since you've applied for University led courses, maybe have a look at the way they allocate placements - some universities will guarantee you a placement within a certain distance, while others will state that they consider up to 2 hours each way to be a reasonable commute. You don't want to end up having to travel several hours per day if you don't need to!

I personally did a similar thing, and withdrew two of my applications after getting a place at my first choice. I thought about it for a couple of days before making a final decision, and had already spoken to all of the providers to ask them questions about the course before applying, so I had a pretty good idea of what each course was going to be like.
University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NBeck)
I had an interview for the PGCE Primary course at Sunderland uni and got offered a conditional offer which I am happy about because this is where I want to go because I am in my third year at Sunderland. But then I have been invited for an interview at Newcastle uni for the PGCE and I don’t know whether I should still do that interview or just withdraw my application and accept Sunderland.
Any advice would be helpful.
Hi NBeck

Congratulations on receiving your offer.

As mentioned above, this is a decision that only you can make. Attending online open days may help with your decision-making as you often get the chance to speak to current students and academics which can help to gain a better understanding of the experience you may get. For reference, Sunderland has one happening this Wednesday if you were interested in attending.
Check out the course pages for both and see how the course content and modules compare, also look into other factors such as how is the campus set up, and what your student experience is likely to be like.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about being a student at Sunderland if you have any?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.84%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.87%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.05%

Watched Threads