Would you get dental veneers?

Watch
username5492676
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would you consider getting them? Why or why not?
Last edited by username5492676; 1 month ago
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
username5492676
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
No.
Why not?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Isabella:))
Why not?
If it was for aesthetic purposes only, and there was nothing actually wrong with my teeth then no. It's a destructive process and there are much less intrusive alternatives to improving the appearance of teeth.
username5492676
Rep:
?
If it was for aesthetic purposes only, and there was nothing actually wrong with my teeth then no. It's a destructive process and there are much less intrusive alternatives to improving the appearance of teeth.
Fair enough.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fair enough.
Would you?
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not in a million years
username5492676
Rep:
?
Would you?
Not sure tbh. My teeth or ok but could be better.
username5492676
Rep:
?
(Original post by TJ1997)
Not in a million years
Why not?
Anumu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im getting them for my 18th birthday.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure tbh. My teeth or ok but could be better.
You should discuss all your treatment options with your dentist before deciding on veneers straight away. They have to be replaced at some point down the line so they are expensive both in the long and short term.
username5492676
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anumu)
Cool! How many are you getting and why do you want them?
DietMedGirl
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Already did! I have hypomineralised teeth so they are hella weak. I broke my front 2 teeth in a bike accident at 7 years old, which meant I only had the top half of both of them. Ever since then had white fillings to make them look normal, and every 6 months they would snap off and need replacing. Extremely humiliating for me and something I felt so self conscious about. The filling would rarely match my natural teeth colour as well so it looked awful, and my teeth had large yellow/light brown spots due to the weak enamel. Anyways ended up getting them done last year on the NHS (Band 3 so cost about 200 quid in total for both teeth I believe). This was because my teeth were so weak they needed something more long term than fillings, so it was both for the health of my teeth and aesthetic. I woulda paid to have it done privately if it wasn't available on the NHS tbh.
username5492676
Rep:
?
You should discuss all your treatment options with your dentist before deciding on veneers straight away. They have to be replaced at some point down the line so they are expensive both in the long and short term.
Yeah I think they have to be replaced every 10 years. Not seriously thinking about getting them anytime soon.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I think they have to be replaced every 10 years. Not seriously thinking about getting them anytime soon.
Not necessarily, how long they last depends on many factors. Some can last longer and others less.
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why not?
They can't be fixed if they chip or get cracked and cosmetically might not match up with your smile over the years.

As said before, definitely cheaper and more productive solutions to improve any imperfections with your teeth.
Anumu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cool! How many are you getting and why do you want them?
I'm getting 8. I got my braces off two years ago which meant my teeth weren't as white as before, and the pure whiteness of veneers looks great.
username5492676
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anumu)
I'm getting 8. I got my braces off two years ago which meant my teeth weren't as white as before, and the pure whiteness of veneers looks great.
Do you not worry that your teeth might look like Connor Durhams from love island?
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anumu)
Make sure you are getting proper veneers as opposed to crowns (the things that people fly over to turkey to get). The difference being they only take a couple of millimeters off the front of the tooth when fitting veneers.
When fitting crowns they file the whole tooth down to a peg. No reputable dentist would do this for cosmetic purposes.
username5492676
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Make sure you are getting proper veneers as opposed to crowns (the things that people fly over to turkey to get). The difference being they only take a couple of millimeters off the front of the tooth when fitting veneers.
When fitting crowns they file the whole tooth down to a peg. No reputable dentist would do this for cosmetic purposes.
Is that what Connor Durham from love island had done (crowns)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads