jacoop1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an Fy1. I sent tabs to some people including consultants. On horus when I click on concerns I used to have "no concerns for follow up for this rotation". Now the page changed it says "General internal medicine 2020-2021" but doesn't show me a specific concern. Does this mean someone from my tabs raised a concern and I can't see it? Or is it just an empty page?
HHaricot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jacoop1)
I'm an Fy1. I sent tabs to some people including consultants. On horus when I click on concerns I used to have "no concerns for follow up for this rotation". Now the page changed it says "General internal medicine 2020-2021" but doesn't show me a specific concern. Does this mean someone from my tabs raised a concern and I can't see it? Or is it just an empty page?
I think you are prob over worrying. I dont know what Horus says when a tab is pending, so maybe. But it is common to have a concern somewhere along the way. They arent terrible, the important thing is to look at them and use them to improve. Obviously you are at the real start of your doctor life, so you will get a bit more used to ‘feedback’ not always being positive, and getting used to reflecting on it and coming out better. When you address the concerns, your Es or FTPD can click a resolved button and they go away.
On the other hand, this just might be Horus and there is no concerns and you are worried for nothing!
jacoop1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HHaricot)
I think you are prob over worrying. I dont know what Horus says when a tab is pending, so maybe. But it is common to have a concern somewhere along the way. They arent terrible, the important thing is to look at them and use them to improve. Obviously you are at the real start of your doctor life, so you will get a bit more used to ‘feedback’ not always being positive, and getting used to reflecting on it and coming out better. When you address the concerns, your Es or FTPD can click a resolved button and they go away.
On the other hand, this just might be Horus and there is no concerns and you are worried for nothing!
Thanks a lot Harriott. I was feeling devastated because I feel like I grew a lot during my first placement and getting a concern felt like a huge blow to my self confidence.. I kept questioning if I'm doing enough and even changing the line of work (lol).. I asked my SHO and she says she also got a concern raised abt her when she was an fy1 too. Hoping it won't affect my career prospects in the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.92%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
29.01%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads