Is this guy interested?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I met a guy on a dating app and we've been chatting, he asked to move to texts so I assumed he was interested.

Since then though, we send about one message a day each. It's a bit frustrating because I can see he has read the messages, but then he won't reply until late the next day. He's told me he's currently not got anything going on, so he can't be that busy right? And I know he doesn't have to chat to me every day, Idk I just thought when you're trying to get to know someone it's good to chat a bit more? If we spent one day chatting and then the next day silent that'd be fine, but it's actually kinda painful getting the message, replying, and then having to wait a full day for the next.

I just find it a bit odd, really. It's hard for me to get to know someone if we're barely speaking, and then I can see they've read the message but I know I just won't hear back until the next day. Am I wrong about this? I mean, I'm open to opinions really, I haven't dated a lot so I'm not totally sure. Most guys I've chatted to on apps usually send a few messages a day, and I've just found it's so much easier to get to know them and follow the flow of conversation, whereas with this guy I'll have to scroll back to see what I've actually already said before.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
most likely he doesn't care; whatever the case, why bother any longer
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
most likely he doesn't care; whatever the case, why bother any longer
Yeah, I was thinking of maybe just saying something or just dropping him. I was thinking of mentioning the text thing, but I don't want to seem needy or anything since he doesn't know me so he doesn't owe me anything, so I'm not sure how to play it. If I'm honest, the whole thing is making me lose interest in him because I just forget about the conversation for the rest of the day and then he'll pop up and I'll know if I reply I won't hear back about it until the next day so I'm thinking what's the point?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Sounds to me like he doesn’t care since he’s barely making any effort. Just drop him, you don’t want to be attached to someone who doesn’t make effort.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Just don’t be the one who initiates contact and see if he messages you, it’s always a good test of if they’re interested or not, not a gurantee but gives an idea

That said I have a friend who never ever replies to messages until like a week later, even to girls he’s interested in
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sounds to me like he doesn’t care since he’s barely making any effort. Just drop him, you don’t want to be attached to someone who doesn’t make effort.
Yeah, I think you might be right
Anonymous #1
Just don’t be the one who initiates contact and see if he messages you, it’s always a good test of if they’re interested or not, not a gurantee but gives an idea

That said I have a friend who never ever replies to messages until like a week later, even to girls he’s interested in
Unfortunately it's an ongoing convo, it could end at some point, but at the rate of his replies who even knows! I've tried different things, at first I was replying casually as I would with friends, but then I thought I'll try something to see if I could get a response quicker. So, I replied quickly as I knew he'd be on his phone, and I saw he had read it straightaway, but still nothing til the next day! Then, I waited until the next day myself to reply to see if that might do anything, but nope. Nada. I just went back to casual, but honestly, I'm really no longer bothered about this guy because he's either playing a game/stringing me along, or just isn't bothered.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
trust me if he wanted to text you more, he would. u deserve someone that will acc make an effort with you sis
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I was thinking of maybe just saying something or just dropping him. I was thinking of mentioning the text thing, but I don't want to seem needy or anything since he doesn't know me so he doesn't owe me anything, so I'm not sure how to play it. If I'm honest, the whole thing is making me lose interest in him because I just forget about the conversation for the rest of the day and then he'll pop up and I'll know if I reply I won't hear back about it until the next day so I'm thinking what's the point?
it would be an annoying situation for everyone if people were expected to politely break off chatting to someone they owe nothing, so as you said i think you should expect nothing and say nothing
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately it's an ongoing convo, it could end at some point, but at the rate of his replies who even knows! I've tried different things, at first I was replying casually as I would with friends, but then I thought I'll try something to see if I could get a response quicker. So, I replied quickly as I knew he'd be on his phone, and I saw he had read it straightaway, but still nothing til the next day! Then, I waited until the next day myself to reply to see if that might do anything, but nope. Nada. I just went back to casual, but honestly, I'm really no longer bothered about this guy because he's either playing a game/stringing me along, or just isn't bothered.
Same anon here
Probably best to call it quits then, no attachment or whatever doesn’t sound destined lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.49%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (90)
37.82%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.61%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.52%

Watched Threads