Depressed, I don't know.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel my mental health is not good at all. I know the way I feel is not normal, I mean let's face it not everyone lies in bed crying their eyes out at midnight.
I cry alot. I don't know whether its the 'winter blues' but especially at night my mind takes over and I cry (sometimes without a reason) and sometimes because I worry about my future and how I will be able to cope. And I also cry because I'm feeling down. Does that make sense?
I cry because I know im not suppose to feel like this.
Is a 20 year old able to get depressed? I'm not sure.
I don't even know if I am depressed.

I don't really want to talk to anyone about it in terms of professions either because I don't know where to start and what to say and what to do.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi, how long has this been happening to you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, how long has this been happening to you?
For quite a while, about a year I'd say.

Thank you for answering
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
For quite a while, about a year I'd say.

Thank you for answering
Is there a particular reason you feel this way?
Anonymous #1
Is there a particular reason you feel this way?
I worry alot about the future about how ill cope. I worry about people disliking me. I worry I'm not going to be able to do things that people can do. E.g. in the future look after my children and bring them up in a good manner. (Although I'm not in any relationship yet or anything like that).
And things like this make me upset and worry.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i hope you feel better soon:hugs:
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I worry alot about the future about how ill cope. I worry about people disliking me. I worry I'm not going to be able to do things that people can do. E.g. in the future look after my children and bring them up in a good manner. (Although I'm not in any relationship yet or anything like that).
And things like this make me upset and worry.
Awww you need to understand that you are currently in the present. Whatever you do today can affect your future, and whatever you don’t do can affect you too. People are always going to dislike you, no matter what you do.

Just live the life you are living currently, and just be the best that you can be, rather than the future. Unless you’ll have nothing to aim for and you’ll just be in an endless cycle of negative thoughts thus making you cry every time. You’re not a failure.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by khadijaaaxxxx)
Thank you!! It really means alot!!! x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by khadijaaaxxxx)
Thank you!! It really means alot!!! x

(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Awww you need to understand that you are currently in the present. Whatever you do today can affect your future, and whatever you don’t do can affect you too. People are always going to dislike you, no matter what you do.

Just live the life you are living currently, and just be the best that you can be, rather than the future. Unless you’ll have nothing to aim for and you’ll just be in an endless cycle of negative thoughts thus making you cry every time. You’re not a failure.
I try to stay focused on the present and think positive!
I will continue to remind myself that I'm in the present and not to think/worry about the future.
Thank you so much!!
username5502622
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh dear! I can only highly recommend therapy to you - that is really the best thing you can do for long term results. And no, 20 is not too young to get depression - take this from someone who spend more than enough months in child psychiatric hospitals. Listen, the state you’re in is not forever, it won’t be forever this way - but you have to do actively to baby steps out of it and there’s absolutely no shame to get help doing so. Wishing you all the best!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (78)
18.1%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.77%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise