Have you ever made actual friends by knocking on peoples doors??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Everyone says that if you wanna make friends at uni early on, you should go and knock on peoples doors. Have anyone actually made friends like this? I don’t just mean hanging out once, but actually being friends? How did things end up? And what would I even say to someone if I knocked on their door on my floor? Thanks )
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wouldn’t joining societies and clubs make more sense?

Or even chatting with people in your lectures.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Everyone says that if you wanna make friends at uni early on, you should go and knock on peoples doors. Have anyone actually made friends like this? I don’t just mean hanging out once, but actually being friends? How did things end up? And what would I even say to someone if I knocked on their door on my floor? Thanks )
Lots of people are probably lonely at uni and would welcome someone else being brave enough to do this. Friendships can grow from small beginnings.

My best friend at uni was a girl I met in a queue for food. She was literally asking strangers in the queue if anyone fancied going with her to see a film on campus that evening. I thought "why not?" and said ok and we ended up living together in later years.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, I thought that only happened with window cleaners in 70s films.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (335)
43.62%

Watched Threads