Masters in a different subject from BA

Watch
yeah its me dad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
Im currently in my last year of a BA in Business Management studies, but I want to do a Sociology related MA, i'm pretty into the topics of that course, i'm trying to write a cracking personal statement and my grades are quite good so far, how realistic is it that I'll get accepted?

Thank you xoxo
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yeah its me dad)
Hi,
Im currently in my last year of a BA in Business Management studies, but I want to do a Sociology related MA, i'm pretty into the topics of that course, i'm trying to write a cracking personal statement and my grades are quite good so far, how realistic is it that I'll get accepted?

Thank you xoxo
Hi yeah its me dad

It is not uncommon for students to complete a masters ina degree subject which they've not previously studied at Undergraduate Level.

My main advice would be as follows:
- check the entry requirements of the course which you are applying for
- illustrate an interest in the subject/explain why you are interested in studying Sociology at Masters level
- Illustrate that you have some knowledge of the field

I would also advise contacting the admissions team as they will be in the best position to advise you with your application.

Good Luck with the application

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (324)
56.06%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.94%

Watched Threads