LilHugz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, I want to apply for LSE Social Policy with Politics. The entry requirements are AAB and I'm predicted AAB (English Lit, Politics, History) with an A in a relevant EPQ. However, I know LSE are incredibly strict on grades and weigh them more heavily than Unis like Oxford.

My GCSE's are 8888887666.
and I think my P.S is pretty good as it talks about social policy alot more than, say, P&IR applicants who wanted a easier LSE course.

Is it worth applying?
Last edited by LilHugz; 1 month ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From the course page for that degree: "Below we list our entry requirements in terms of GCSEs...A strong set of GCSE grades including some at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)". You certainly have "some" and in fact quite a few such grades at GCSE. You also meet their A-level standard offer with your predicted grades. I imagine you would be a realistic prospect for that course if you have an appropriate personal statement; it makes a offers to a reasonable proportion of applicants in most years.
LilHugz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
From the course page for that degree: "Below we list our entry requirements in terms of GCSEs...A strong set of GCSE grades including some at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)". You certainly have "some" and in fact quite a few such grades at GCSE. You also meet their A-level standard offer with your predicted grades. I imagine you would be a realistic prospect for that course if you have an appropriate personal statement; it makes a offers to a reasonable proportion of applicants in most years.
Cheers, I've put it down on my UCAS form. I have 4 other choices I have a very high chance of getting into so it isn't the be-all and end-all
Thanks for your advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (219)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (173)
44.13%

Watched Threads