Have I pushed this girl away (and how to get them back?)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve been messaging the same girl for a couple of months now, things were going really well and we both admitted that we liked each other, however I just got out of a long term relationship and so my head was a bit messed up - I guess I was too forward with her.

I feel like I’ve probably been messaging her way too much and I think I’ve freaked her out as she now takes ages to respond.

What’s the best thing to do? Shall I just stop all messages? Would that work? and is it possible for her to feel how she did about me before again or have I messed things up?
hajima
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
You haven't messed up she's just lost interest; there's no point messaging a person that doesn't want to converse with you so I would stop in that case, just as a general rule.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
How often did you used to send messages?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you actually picked up the phone and talked to her and asked how things are between you, instead of assuming?

There can be all kinds of reasons why people don't respond quickly to messages and it's not always worst case scenario...
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Sorry I hope you don’t mind me saying but I always believe that talking to somebody is 50/50 so tbh she has to put the same effort as you - I don’t think you are doing anything wrong at all but when you say you message her too much do you send a message to her more than once before she gets the chance to message you? I agree with Surnia, the problem with texting you don’t know what happens on the other side as there is so many reasons why she isn’t replying so quickly as it could be she is really busy - but if she isn’t interested, that’s ok As there will be somebody out there for you, I believe that you don’t find love, love finds you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.6%
I don't have everything I need (145)
42.4%

Watched Threads