Is my friend committed a crime?

Watch
username5147954
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know from the title it sounds like a ‘oh I’m asking for a friend’ meaning me but this actually is about a friend. More of a friend of a friend but we get on okay but I certainly do not agree with what she is doing.

Basically she is ordering clothes online ones she likes and is editing them to make them look like they are damaged, she then sends the edited picture message to the brand she ordered from and because of Covid brands do not want damaged stock back so the just give her a refund and she keeps the clothes. I’ve honestly no idea how she does this. She does graphics and art so is very good a photoshop and she can make them look like clothes and shoes are scratched, ripped or stained even when they aren’t. So far she’s ordered a: Dress, coat, 2 pairs of jeans, a top, 2 jumpers a jacket and a pair of quite expensive shoes (£80) the total of all this she says is around £350.

The best laugh is she brags about this as well and shows us all the messages/ emails, like surly you would keep this too yourself. I mean she does only do this to big online brands not small business but it’s still sooo wrong. I said that it’s wrong to her and she doesn’t seem to care. I certainly do not trust her anymore but my other friends aren’t really bothered and just stay out of it.

Am I overreacting, I see this as stealing or is this even fraud?
Last edited by username5147954; 1 month ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amy hull 123)
I know from the title it sounds like a ‘oh I’m asking for a friend’ meaning me but this actually is about a friend. More of a friend of a friend but we get on okay but I certainly do not agree with what she is doing.

Basically she is ordering clothes online ones she likes and is editing them to make them look like they are damaged, she then sends the edited picture message to the brand she ordered from and because of Covid brands do not want damaged stock back so the just give her a refund and she keeps the clothes. I’ve honestly no idea how she does this. She does graphics and art so is very good a photoshop and she can make them look like clothes and shoes are scratched, ripped or stained even when they aren’t. So far she’s ordered a: Dress, coat, 2 pairs of jeans, a top, 2 jumpers a jacket and a pair of quite expensive shoes (£80) the total of all this she says is around £350.

The best laugh is she brags about this as well and shows us all the messages/ emails, like surly you would keep this too yourself. I mean she does only do this to big online brands not small business but it’s still sooo wrong. I said that it’s wrong to her and she doesn’t seem to care. I certainly do not trust her anymore but my other friends aren’t really bothered and just stay out of it.

Am I overreacting, I see this as stealing or is this even fraud?

Ut'sa fraud. Obtaining property by deception. Stay out of it rerally unless you asbolutely must inform her it can be taken seriously and she could get a criminal record from it, but she already knows that.
LunaAngelEclipse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds illegal af to me tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (90)
64.75%
I don't have everything I need (49)
35.25%

Watched Threads