HannahWilson9
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have the mol% of the components but I don't know how to calculate the molar ratio of them.
Let's say the Components are A=8mol%, B=6mol%, and C= 12mol%, how do I work out the molar ratio of A+B : C?
scimus63
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, do you mean how to convert % into molar ratios? If so, then % must add to 100, assume you have 100g of the substance. Then simply divide by Ar for each element, this will give you the formula of the compound, the formula represents the molar ratio of the components.
HannahWilson9
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by scimus63)
Hi, do you mean how to convert % into molar ratios? If so, then % must add to 100, assume you have 100g of the substance. Then simply divide by Ar for each element, this will give you the formula of the compound, the formula represents the molar ratio of the components.
I am a little bit confused, can you give me an example? Let's say mixture A has the components Benzene (8mol%) and Toluene (6mol%), this mixture reacts with Solution B (12 mol%). How do I write the molar ratio of mixture A : Solution B?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise