Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this might be a long shot since not many people would know the particulars of international transfers- but I really need help

my parents transferred over 1000pounds to my german account at the postbank on the 8th, and when I checked on the 17th (sep), my balance was still 0
    I got the account number and IBAN right (I sent them the details per email)
    but the Bankleitzahl or Sort code seems to be different on 2 different letters I received from the postbank- as is the address of the bank

what Im really concerned about is- if the money left their account and isnt in mine 9 days later, where the f*** did it go???
    It couldnt have gone to another account if I got the account number right surely?

they said it could take up to a week for the money to arrive- but its been well over now

I asked the woman at the postbank several times if it could get lost and she didnt give me a definitive no

ReputationRep:
    They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)
    this might be a long shot since not many people would know the particulars of international transfers- but I really need help

my parents transferred over 1000pounds to my german account at the postbank on the 8th, and when I checked on the 17th (sep), my balance was still 0
    but the Bankleitzahl or Sort code seems to be different on 2 different letters I received from the postbank- as is the address of the bank

what Im really concerned about is- if the money left their account and isnt in mine 9 days later, where the f*** did it go???
    It couldnt have gone to another account if I got the account number right surely?

they said it could take up to a week for the money to arrive- but its been well over now

I asked the woman at the postbank several times if it could get lost and she didnt give me a definitive no

It's probably for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)

And therein lies your problem. If the address of your bank is incorrect (and so is your flipping sort code! I mean, that's as important as it gets!), your parents have successfully sent over one thousand pounds not to you, but to some other lucky *******.

I'd definitely contact the sending party and ask them to trace where the money went. I don't think there's a way to recover it unless you press charges or something.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Well...I presume that they transferred it from their own account so why dont you ask your parents to track the tranfer via their own bank rather than relying on silly german banks (I have had some bitter experiences with said banks myself)

It could just be in a queue to be tranferred but it has been a while now so get onto the rents bank!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by easy_lemon)
    Well...I presume that they transferred it from their own account so why dont you ask your parents to track the tranfer via their own bank rather than relying on silly german banks (I have had some bitter experiences with said banks myself)

It could just be in a queue to be tranferred but it has been a while now so get onto the rents bank!!
    I don't think there was much wrong with the sending end of it, other than the fact that they sent it to a different bank and a different sort code than what hers is, which is either a) Her parents fault b) The banks fault c) All of the above.

ReputationRep:
    ok- they have to resend it and it will take another age to reach me-thats all
    bloody annoying- but its not in another account

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.