The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol application on hold

Hi, 2 days ago I sent off my UCAS and have just received an update from Bristol university telling me my application is on hold ? is this bad ? or is this a common thing for Bristol to do ? I'm applying for Politics and international relations !!

Scroll to see replies

Me too, also applying for P&IR. Seems like a common thing for bristol to do. They wait to give equal consideration to everyone, it also means you have met the entry requirements.

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, 2 days ago I sent off my UCAS and have just received an update from Bristol university telling me my application is on hold ? is this bad ? or is this a common thing for Bristol to do ? I'm applying for Politics and international relations !!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by maddiesmith17
Me too, also applying for P&IR. Seems like a common thing for bristol to do. They wait to give equal consideration to everyone, it also means you have met the entry requirements.

Ahhh ok I didn't even know it was a thing thing but seems like its normal now, thanks
Omg same I was a bit worried this thread makes me feel better
Yh same here i got my application put on hold for Economics and Politics
Reply 5
I didn't even know being put on hold was a thing, this makes me feel slightly better
I didn't even know being put on hold was a thing, this makes me feel slightly better

I've seen from other threads most people get offers after being on hold. so inshallah we get it
If anyone that has been put on hold gets an update let us know
Same! For Politics and International Relations and my heart dropped at the email. I basically assumed it was a rejection but this thread makes me feel so much better. Goodluck everyone :smile:
Reply 9
Bristol have information about what "on hold" means here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/
All the medics who had to have their applications in by mid-October had to wait a fair while before even being told they were on hold. Bristol have only been interviewing for a while with more to come in the next few weeks.

Some only received rejections in the last week so that’s at least a 3 month wait (and possibly more for those that applied early).

They don’t send out offers till they’ve completed all the interviews.

Even then some candidates remain on hold in most years for a month or two more.

It’s a drawn out process. They must believe they’re teaching patience and resilience because they’re certainly testing for it.

Good luck with your applications.

Before anyone responds - yes I know Medicine is different in that they conduct interviews and work off an entrance exam of sorts (though they had all the results of that before the Mid October UCAS deadline). The wait however is excruciatingly similar.
I sent my application on October 14th, got put on hold and received my offer on December 12th. This was for politics and international relations.
hi, i got a message saying that I will be on hold last weekish and have been waiting for around 2 months now for a response... this is for Law by the way, so if anyone else sees this and they're a law applicant - don't fret! we are all waiting together :smile:
This comforts me so much! I'd been waiting for months to hear back about law and then I got put on hold and I'm still waiting! Glad to know others are going the same thing and they just haven't got all their responses back yet :smile:
I’m still on hold from 13/12/2020 for psychology and neuroscience 😅🥲

have you got any response from the uni of bristol???
Original post by Libertydd2
hi, i got a message saying that I will be on hold last weekish and have been waiting for around 2 months now for a response... this is for Law by the way, so if anyone else sees this and they're a law applicant - don't fret! we are all waiting together :smile:

this is such a relief to hear! all the best to you.How was your lnat , if i may ask?
this is such a relief to hear! all the best to you.How was your lnat , if i may ask?

i think my lnat went okay! i kept on redoing my answers to the multiple choice at the end, and luckily i had written a practice piece on a similar topic the LNAT had posted up so i was content! how about you?
Reply 18
Hiya I was put on hold for vet med 6/12/20 and got an offer a couple of days ago so don’t worry being put on hold is basically just another way of saying we’re still considering your application, best of luck to you all :smile:
I was put on hold for politics and IR in December, and my desperation has turned into negativity, and I just feel like I'll be rejected. Bristol is my definitely going to my firm and I'm very likely to meet the requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest