The Student Room Group

personal statement

My deadline for uni application is just in 4 days, and I've been trying to get my teachers too review it but had no response. I need someone to check and give feedback on my personal statement. Please. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

i dont have anyone to check my personal statement and none of my teachers will reply back to me and my deadline is in just 3 days so i rlly need someone to check it and give feedback possibly.
More than happy to help
Original post by deep_learning
More than happy to help

thank you very much, could i send it to you through private message pls?
Original post by belle.martino

No worries. Go ahead

tsr has a ps review section https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1372
i dont have anyone to check my personal statement and none of my teachers will reply back to me and my deadline is in just 3 days so i rlly need someone to check it and give feedback possibly.

Depends what subject you're applying for! But if it's physical sciences/maths related then I could definitely help x

Make sure you do this in private, not on the TSR forum or it'll be on the internet forever and you can't use it in UCAS. I don't know if the TSR messaging system is safe either. You might have to find out where you can share it without it being public for UCAS to see
Please don’t send it at anyone that you don’t know - I’m sure the vast majority have good intentions, but the risk is someone plagiarises it, without you knowing it, and your PS then gets flagged for plagiarism which UCAS takes very seriously.

There’s a secure PS checker on this site. Have you got any friends that can check it for you? Why won’t your teachers reply to you?
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Please don’t send it at anyone that you don’t know - I’m sure the vast majority have good intentions, but the risk is someone plagiarises it, without you knowing it, and your PS then gets flagged for plagiarism which UCAS takes very seriously.

There’s a secure PS checker on this site. Have you got any friends that can check it for you? Why won’t your teachers reply to you?

Their deadline is near so those might not exactly work, but yeah it's hard to know who to trust. I personally have sent my UCAS in but of course it can be hard for anyone to prove they have. The PS checkers here are verified but it takes quite a while for them to process everything
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_

yeah i realised its rlly dodgy to send randoms people my PS here but the PS checker here takes about 5 days to reply and I only have like 3 days to send in my application. I'm not sure why my teachers will reply to me but I'm going over my PS with my friend. Its just kinda annoying
Original post by bellaxotchil
@belle.martino This ^^^ Definitely don't share your personal statement on here. If you still want me to take a look at it, I can give you my email address in a dm.

yeah that would be great if you could dm me ur email, thanks
yeah i realised its rlly dodgy to send randoms people my PS here but the PS checker here takes about 5 days to reply and I only have like 3 days to send in my application. I'm not sure why my teachers will reply to me but I'm going over my PS with my friend. Its just kinda annoying

If you're gonna send it to someone you don't know, I'd only send it to someone who has a university email address, so they won't have reason to plagiarise.
oh, i'm actually applying for law so im not sure if you help with that? but i appreciate it x
Original post by bellaxotchil
Depends what subject you're applying for! But if it's physical sciences/maths related then I could definitely help x

oh, i'm actually applying for law so im not sure if you help with that? but i appreciate it x

Why do you only have three days? Do NOT e-mail to anyone on here.
Original post by Muttley79
Why do you only have three days? Do NOT e-mail to anyone on here.

my deadline for UCAS applications is on 30th november and so i only really have 3 days to finalise my PS
my deadline for UCAS applications is on 30th november and so i only really have 3 days to finalise my PS

That's a school deadline not a UCAS one -

E-mail the Head of Sixth form or go and see them - tell them people aren't responding. DO NOT send it to anyone please.
Original post by Muttley79
That's a school deadline not a UCAS one -

E-mail the Head of Sixth form or go and see them - tell them people aren't responding. DO NOT send it to anyone please.

will do thanks, i won’t send it to anyone here.
Original post by deep_learning
No worries. Go ahead

If you want to help out with PSs properly, you can look here for more info: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154

Do NOT send you PS to anyone you don't know over the internet. The risk of plagiarism is very real. This is an internal deadline - you can wait for your teachers to get back to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending