Glasses thickness

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am after a prescription pair of glasses and when choosing a frame I have chosen Ray Ban's Clubmaster. My issue is whether to get from Rayban's official website or an alternative website called Thinlenses I have found. To have thinner lenses would it be better to go for Rayban's premium ultra thin lenses or ThinLenses' exact same frame in 1.9 high index? Consider the fact that when asking Rayban what index their lenses are they said 1.74 I believe
Anonymous #1
Another thing, which is thinner 1.9 high index lenses or polycarbonate lenses?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i have a stronger than average prescription, clubmaster glasses and did not get the 'thin' upgrade on my glasses - even at the thickest part of the lens, my glasses are not noticeably thick or heavy so i'd suggest going for whatever you like
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
i have a stronger than average prescription, clubmaster glasses and did not get the 'thin' upgrade on my glasses - even at the thickest part of the lens, my glasses are not noticeably thick or heavy so i'd suggest going for whatever you like
is your idea of average prescription circa -10?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
is your idea of average prescription circa -10?
ah right that's quite a bit stronger than mine

its still the case that the thickest part of the lens is typically well hidden by the frame (the top corners by the arm hinges) however i've no idea what a -10 lens looks like so i won't speculate
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
ah right that's quite a bit stronger than mine

its still the case that the thickest part of the lens is typically well hidden by the frame (the top corners by the arm hinges) however i've no idea what a -10 lens looks like so i won't speculate
Rayban official lenses tend to be polycarbonate which i am unsure about in comparison to glass lenses and not just glass lenses but high index 1.9 hmm
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1.9 will be thinner than poly for any prescription over -8.
1.74 can be thinner than 1.9 depending on the base of the lens and the size of the frame. 1.9 will be much heavier though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
17.87%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (74)
28.14%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (100)
38.02%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (33)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.42%

Watched Threads