Is it weird to go for coffee alone?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I ran me at a coffee shop like Starbucks?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it is not weird to go to a coffee shop alone.
That said, I'm not a fan of drinks from Starbucks.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course not, especially now and in tier 3 areas from next week. Just please don't go to Starbucks- support small businesses instead of tax avoiders.
NicoleDV
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No it’s not weird at all. I think most people are drinking alone to be honest for example, it appeals to students who have a coffee and wish to work alone on some work.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No, I do it all the time. But Starbucks is overrated and overpriced, there’s better local chains.
hannychica
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely not, it was one of my greatest pleasures before COVID. Nothing better than putting the day on hold to sip a good cawfee and watch the world move while you are on pause
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's perfectly fine. I sometimes do this & see plenty of other people in there who are also alone.
scorpion95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that it is a bit strange however I have seen a few people in a coffee shop on their own and have been in a coffee shop on my own a couple of times, it hasn't been Starbucks though
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nothing wrong with it at all. Pre Covid when I was waiting for my train home after part time work, I'd sit in Starbucks, get my laptop out and have a couple of lattes.

Long sometimes for those days again, as it was nice to just sit there and take everything in momentarily.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
The only issue here is you drinking coffee 🤮
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do feel quite insecure going to coffee shops on my own, especially when I am surrounded by people who are sat with their family, friends, partner etc and I worry that they think i'm a loner or something . Sometimes I see other people sat on their own, but mostly it is uni students doing work or elderley people who probably have nobody else to go with (then I start feeling sad that i'm as lonely as an elderly person).
I think in places like big cities and train stations, airports etc, it is more common to go for coffee alone. But in small towns, I feel like everyone is staring at me and pitying me for being on my own.
21ForEva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mate I've been to Pizza Express on my own, the cinema on my own AND a concert on my own too. Coffee is fine
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
Mate I've been to Pizza Express on my own, the cinema on my own AND a concert on my own too. Coffee is fine
Ooh a fellow meals alone person, greatest thing I've ever done was go to Zizzi's by myself in the early evening - there were only like 3 other groups there so it was very quiet, I had a brand new book to read while I was waiting and the waiters were all lovely and left me to it, absolute bliss More people should do things by themselves (post lockdown obviously), it's so much better than you'd think.
21ForEva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Interea)
Ooh a fellow meals alone person, greatest thing I've ever done was go to Zizzi's by myself in the early evening - there were only like 3 other groups there so it was very quiet, I had a brand new book to read while I was waiting and the waiters were all lovely and left me to it, absolute bliss More people should do things by themselves (post lockdown obviously), it's so much better than you'd think.
Omg mate! I did the exact same thing in Pizza Express - I bought The Catcher In The Rye... best book eva!
Yeah it is actually so much better to enjoy your own company, splashing the cash on yourself #loveYourself :P
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, it makes you look like a loner. I do it all the time, just to prove to the world that I don't give a flying piece of ratshyt what it thinks.
Revver
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No, it is not weird to go to a coffee shop alone.
That said, I'm not a fan of drinks from Starbucks.
Do you prefer Costa?
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Revver)
Do you prefer Costa?
No.
Neuhaus or Cafe Godiva.
Revver
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
Neuhaus or Cafe Godiva.
Nice
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not at all.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
The only issue here is you drinking coffee 🤮
You prefer tea, hot chocolate or another warm drink?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
23.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
15.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.88%

Watched Threads