Just wanted to get this off my chest

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I started highschool (Secondary school) I developed severe social anxiety (something my mom doesn’t believe in). She would make fun of me along with my brother and father. They just wouldn’t understand how I felt and they would call me weak. I felt worthless. I just wanted somebody to understand me. I had no friends and I got bullied in school because I wouldn’t talk and home wasn’t any better either. I would just stay in my room to avoid everyone at home because they would make me feel like something was wrong with me which I started to believe. I started to become ashamed of who I was. I wanted to stay outside of home for a while To avoid my family but because of my social anxiety I couldn’t leave home much often and I didn’t really have anywhere to go to either. Anyway, I was 11 (almost 12) at the time. Now I’m almost 15 (in December). 3 years Of hell have passed. My social anxiety is kind of better now tho and I have learnt not to look for people’s approval but love myself for who I am. And I have realised I don’t need anyone to accept me. I have been the one to hug myself. my parents decided to homeschool me at 14 And my mom pretty much tells me she doesn’t like me Much because I am nothing like her. I now have a few friends but online. They have helped me a lot. Because of everything that’s happened I don’t even know to make friends anymore or talk to people without being awkward. I overthink a lot too. Before I started highschool I was the total opposite and my parents used to love me. I don’t think I can take this anymore. How do I go back to being how I was? I want to show them that I am not weak. Also When can I move out of my parents house?
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 month ago
PriceZo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry for what you’ve been through, but you’ve come this far which just proves how strong you are! I would advise that you try and make contact with your local council and make them aware of your situation. If you are at high school now talk to a teacher. I know it’s hard but it would be the best thing for you to do. Once you have made that first step in telling someone you will feel so much better. You are valued, and you are loved and you’re so young you have your whole life ahead of you. You won’t have to live there forever one day you will be old enough to move out and get a place of your own.

(Original post by Anonymous)
When I started highschool (Secondary school) I developed severe social anxiety (something my mom doesn’t believe in). She would make fun of me along with my brother and father. They just wouldn’t understand how I felt and they would call me weak. I felt worthless. I just wanted somebody to understand me. I had no friends and I got bullied in school because I wouldn’t talk and home wasn’t any better either. I would just stay in my room to avoid everyone at home because they would make me feel like something was wrong with me which I started to believe. I started to become ashamed of who I was. I wanted to stay outside of home for a while To avoid my family but because of my social anxiety I couldn’t leave home much often and I didn’t really have anywhere to go to either. Anyway, I was 11 (almost 12) at the time. Now I’m almost 15 (in December). 3 years Of hell have passed. My social anxiety is kind of better now tho and I have learnt not to look for people’s approval but love myself for who I am. And I have realised I don’t need anyone to accept me. I have been the one to hug myself. my parents decided to homeschool me at 14 And my mom pretty much tells me she doesn’t like me Much because I am nothing like her. I now have a few friends but online. They have helped me a lot. Because of everything that’s happened I don’t even know to make friends anymore or talk to people without being awkward. I overthink a lot too. Before I started highschool I was the total opposite and my parents used to love me. I don’t think I can take this anymore. How do I go back to being how I was? I want to show them that I am not weak. Also When can I move out of my parents house?
QforUK2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey you. First of all, let me make one thing very clear to you - you are not at fault for any of this. I'm very sorry about the attitude of your parents and sibling, and they are very, very wrong in making you feel worthless, whereas it is the opposite. Every person has a purpose, and it not something that someone imposes on you, but one you find yourself by looking inward, one that gives you peace and happiness and makes you feel happy and excited about the next day. If you haven't found one yet, keep looking, keep exploring.

I am glad you have good friends online; if they are trustworthy, share your thoughts with them and always keep looking forward in terms of your mental peace, sanity and life goals. One day you see the sunrise on a glorious day when you feel amazing about yourself and how far you've come. This day comes for everyone, as it will come for you.

Since you are quite young and I am not sure of your financial situation, I do not know if you will be able to find a therapist to talk about this stuff. Even so, if you can find a free helpline or something, give it a shot. If not, there are plenty, and I mean plenty of YouTube videos and Instagram accounts that really take self-help, positivity and mental health challenges seriously, and you will both learn new perspectives as well as talk to people who may have felt the same way as you, either right now or at some point in their life. There are a lot of people on our Blue Planet, no road is truly lonely, sometimes it's just really dark, that's why we think we're walking alone. Reach out, and there's always help.

Also, don't worry about if it feels like your parents loved you before and their behavior has changed now. People's attitude towards you is out of your control, and it should never be in your ambit of worry, and this holds true even for people as close as your parents. Take care of yourself, try not to overthink (I know it's hard, I struggle with it too, and it is phewwwwwww) and look to your future and make plans for when you can start living independently.

I hope it all turns out alright for you. Take care, and trust that tomorrow will always be better than today.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by QforUK2020)
Hey you. First of all, let me make one thing very clear to you - you are not at fault for any of this. I'm very sorry about the attitude of your parents and sibling, and they are very, very wrong in making you feel worthless, whereas it is the opposite. Every person has a purpose, and it not something that someone imposes on you, but one you find yourself by looking inward, one that gives you peace and happiness and makes you feel happy and excited about the next day. If you haven't found one yet, keep looking, keep exploring.

I am glad you have good friends online; if they are trustworthy, share your thoughts with them and always keep looking forward in terms of your mental peace, sanity and life goals. One day you see the sunrise on a glorious day when you feel amazing about yourself and how far you've come. This day comes for everyone, as it will come for you.

Since you are quite young and I am not sure of your financial situation, I do not know if you will be able to find a therapist to talk about this stuff. Even so, if you can find a free helpline or something, give it a shot. If not, there are plenty, and I mean plenty of YouTube videos and Instagram accounts that really take self-help, positivity and mental health challenges seriously, and you will both learn new perspectives as well as talk to people who may have felt the same way as you, either right now or at some point in their life. There are a lot of people on our Blue Planet, no road is truly lonely, sometimes it's just really dark, that's why we think we're walking alone. Reach out, and there's always help.

Also, don't worry about if it feels like your parents loved you before and their behavior has changed now. People's attitude towards you is out of your control, and it should never be in your ambit of worry, and this holds true even for people as close as your parents. Take care of yourself, try not to overthink (I know it's hard, I struggle with it too, and it is phewwwwwww) and look to your future and make plans for when you can start living independently.

I hope it all turns out alright for you. Take care, and trust that tomorrow will always be better than today.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply it made me feel much better. I wish I was surrounded by people like you instead of people that don’t understand me
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
please please contact one of these.

Childline: 0800 1111
Samaritans: 116 123
Papyrus: 0800 068 41 41
CALM: 0800 58 58 58
MIND: 0300 123 3393

Abuse helplines (UK):

NSPCC - 0800 1111 (Children's charity dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty.)
Refuge - 0808 2000 247 (Advice on dealing with domestic violence.)

it’s not fair to you to live with someone who is abusing you. Help is out there!!! you can contact someone you trust / family member / parent of a friend.
I was abused by my mother and i wished i hadve gotten help and got out of the situation. Don’t let her bring you down anymore!! please speak to a GP, your old principal at school, a family member or friend. Best of luck x
QforUK2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply it made me feel much better. I wish I was surrounded by people like you instead of people that don’t understand me
No problem!! Stay positive and don't allow this stuff to bother you
Also please look into a mental health helpline or something, it will be really beneficial. Take care!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (272)
56.31%
I don't have everything I need (211)
43.69%

Watched Threads