kiki.12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi guys. Yesterday I had an email for interview from cambridge. im applying for architecture and i will have my admission test at-interview. for architecture I am aware that the test has to parts. first one to write an essay and the second one to draw. for the drawing part I can prepare, just with practice and I have something in mind. but for the essay part I have no idea how to prepare. of course aside the typical essays tips, like make clear points, look out for mistakes etc. this is not so much the part I am worried about. im scared that there will be a question that I will have absolutely no idea how to answer or what to do. so do any of you got any advices
roronoa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm preparing for the same thing now. have u had a look at previous examples? I'd say try answering old questions in the same amount of time. the question could literally be about anything so maybe just try and remember a few buildings or architects u can use as reference. i'm pretty sure u can go online or use books literally within the 30 mins u do the exam so there's always that. but they say they're assessing ur ability to analyse and draw from the question, not prior or acquired knowledge.https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....pdfthere's a link to a past paper if u need it good luck!!!!
aurora1025
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, im also applying for architecture at Cambridge this year- same boat as you
I think the general thing is that no-one is expected to have a good level of architectural knowledge before starting the degree. it should be more about preparing to back up your opinions and discuss thoughts/possible ideas well rather than showing how much you already know (although it wouldn't hurt to know lots already!!) my college emailed saying that there are no restrictions on what resources you can use for the essay question. personally I have done lots of school blog articles based around architectural themes, so I have a few possible examples up my sleeve (although they weren't timed so it'll still be difficult). I guess we'll just have to do our best

do you know how they're going to do the drawing task remotely??
roronoa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aurora1025)
hi, im also applying for architecture at Cambridge this year- same boat as you
I think the general thing is that no-one is expected to have a good level of architectural knowledge before starting the degree. it should be more about preparing to back up your opinions and discuss thoughts/possible ideas well rather than showing how much you already know (although it wouldn't hurt to know lots already!!) my college emailed saying that there are no restrictions on what resources you can use for the essay question. personally I have done lots of school blog articles based around architectural themes, so I have a few possible examples up my sleeve (although they weren't timed so it'll still be difficult). I guess we'll just have to do our best

do you know how they're going to do the drawing task remotely??
for the drawing task we just have to do it on paper and then photograph it and upload it
kiki.12
Rep:
?
(Original post by roronoa)
for the drawing task we just have to do it on paper and then photograph it and upload it
are you applying for architecture this year aswell?
roronoa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kiki.12)
are you applying for architecture this year aswell?
yess i'm applying this year, but for entry in 2022. are u applying for 2021?
Andi S.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I am taking the History Admissions Assessment (HAA) on Monday. Anybody else?
kiki.12
Rep:
?
yess i'm applying this year, but for entry in 2022. are u applying for 2021?
yes im applying for 2021
roronoa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes im applying for 2021
which college?
kiki.12
Rep:
?
which college?
Downing college, you?
roronoa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Downing college, you?
ohhh really, i was choosing between downing and robinson, but i went w robinson
kiki.12
Rep:
?
ohhh really, i was choosing between downing and robinson, but i went w robinson
basically the only reason I picked downing was because I saw a tiktok, where a student was talking that downing has amazing accommodation 🤣 btw do you have any social media where I can find you(if you dont mind ofc)
roronoa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
basically the only reason I picked downing was because I saw a tiktok, where a student was talking that downing has amazing accommodation 🤣 btw do you have any social media where I can find you(if you dont mind ofc)
ahahah omg that's amazing, u have to pick somehow lol
and yess i'll message u it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.46%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.08%

Watched Threads