Personal statement for Chemical engineering and biomedical science

Watch
FlyingA123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I am applying to 2 Chemical engineering courses and 3 Biomedical science courses and I am unsure how to approach my personal statement to suit both of these while not sounding undecided/ not committed.
Anyone got any advice?
Last edited by FlyingA123; 1 month ago
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The blunt answer is you can’t - this is why it’s advised to apply to one course. The reality is that you will be competing against other applicants who can dedicate their entire statement to that one subject, and yours is going to look confused in comparison.

Some universities may allow you to email a separate personal statement so it may be worth asking, but they’re under no obligation to do so.

Why don’t you just apply for one of those two courses? You’ll make your life a lot easier.
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FlyingA123)
Hello, I am applying to 2 Chemical engineering courses and 3 Biomedical science courses and I am unsure how to approach my personal statement to suit both of these while not sounding undecided/ not committed.
Anyone got any advice?
Can I ask why these courses? They are pretty different courses, a degree like biochemistry might be appropriate (maybe biological/medicinal chemistry) as something resembling both in a greater way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.86%
I don't have everything I need (142)
42.14%

Watched Threads