Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third year (music) student moving back into halls on campus next week. However, it's worked out that I'm living with freshers mainly.

Obviously I've got a pretty big body of friends of my own at the uni, but if I wanted to go out for a couple of nights in freshers' week with the people from my accommodation, would anyone kind of think of me as out of place?

I'm usually well liked by people, because I'm a confident person and I love talking to strangers. However, this sometimes leads me to feel like I'm interfering, and people are just going along with it because they're shy and don't want to say anything.

I'm quite young looking for my age (20) - I usually get told that I look about 18.

But yeah, I'm looking for the views of freshers. Would you feel that somebody who already knows his way around is kind of getting in the way of you trying to discover the uni for yourself?

There's a third year in my flat which is full on Freshers. He's really not treated any different, but everyone questions him about the best places to go, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    There's a third year in my flat which is full on Freshers. He's really not treated any different, but everyone questions him about the best places to go, etc.
    I love your sig. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    Ah that's good to know

I just worry that I might start telling people all the good places to go, and then they'll miss out on some of the 'exploring' aspect that I loved when I started uni.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what was said above. On the contrary, i think that if they left you out itd be because they think that you are not interested as you already know people. People tend to assume really easily that you are not interested or have better things to do. So it'll probably be up to you to tag along rather than them coming to get you, but if you make them feel that you want to get on with them and have as much fun as them, then knowing the best places and stuff is a bonus really

ReputationRep:
    why would anyone mind?

To the freshers you will be an experienced face who actually knows what they are doind and the best places to go and you get the oppourtunity to make new friends

(Original post by jaydoh)
    I love your sig. :p:
    Thank you. :p:

(Original post by Shryke)
    I just worry that I might start telling people all the good places to go, and then they'll miss out on some of the 'exploring' aspect that I loved when I started uni.
    Yeah, don't worry about it. You can always say "I'm not going to tell you everything, go find out for yourself. :p:"

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same. Although I feel wrong for being a third year in halls, it's just my second year house was impossible to live in and I couldn't find anywhere else :p:

So far I have gotten a few strange looks for not being a returning student... But there's lots of new people to meet which is always good :p:

ReputationRep:
    There was a third student living with us freshers in halls last year, it was awful! He hated us sooooo much cause we were so loud lol. He would always get his gf to come out and tell us to shut up or call security on us!

I've been advised NOT to live on campus during third year.

ReputationRep:
    lolol i suppose by the time when we first years come to third year at our degree. we will understand why we should shurrup many would of gone to student housing by end of first year.

ReputationRep:
    There is 3rd year "senior" students living on each floor of our buildings who just get involved and go clubbing with us. It isn't so bad to be honest, for a first year it's cool to have someone who has done it all before to help them or whatever.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.