Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    cause i didn't have enough in the bank so there charging this happened to any of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    cause i didn't have enough in the bank so there charging this happened to any of you?
    That's quite nasty. Are you a student? If so, there could be a way for you to get out of this :cool: I mean I'm no expert on bank rules in the UK or anything but where I live you get certain benefits if you're a student (well with the bank I'm with anyway). One of those benefits is that you don't get charged at all for using an account with them, and also they don't charge you if you don't have much in it.

Anyway hope the student thing works if you try it out. Bring your student ID card and see how you go. Best of luck!

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    That's quite nasty. Are you a student? If so, there could be a way for you to get out of this :cool: I mean I'm no expert on bank rules in the UK or anything but where I live you get certain benefits if you're a student (well with the bank I'm with anyway). One of those benefits is that you don't get charged at all for using an account with them, and also they don't charge you if you don't have much in it.

Anyway hope the student thing works if you try it out. Bring your student ID card and see how you go. Best of luck!

DB_x
    cheers erm i dont have a student loan out or anything its the halifax bank so i doubt telling them im a student will help..i cud give it a try though

ReputationRep:
    Proper students (ie University) are entitled to an interest free overdraft with most banks, it probably wont help you this time but would next time.

Al

ReputationRep:
    I went overdrawn a year or so ago and I just went into the bank and asked to be let off as it was my first time of doing in (I also asked to upgrade my account which may have helped my cause). Remember that essentially you are their customer and as such you have a certain amount of power. I would just go in and discuss it with them and if they decide charge you anyway there is always the option of going elsewhere (as you can make clear to them).

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.