username5495196
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am currently considering to study international relations with business management, but my question is if International business and International relations differ in courses. I am currently studying business and wouldn't want to make the mistake of choosing the wrong course. if anyone can give me a better understanding, I would really appreciate it x
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Heyy,

I'm currently studying Politics and I've had quite a few International Relations modules as part of my degree over the years, so I know a bit about it. International Relations refers more to the part of Politics that talks about the interaction between states, international organisations and institutions, global economic systems (like neoliberalism, for example) and aspects of governance, peace and conflict, or diplomacy between state actors. I don't know much about the international business side of things, but this is what is normally meant by International Relations in academia. If you'd like to have a clearer image of this, you could search for International Relations and international business degrees (separately) and see what each course offers, to see what that would look like for your studies.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions that I could answer!

– Andreea
3rd Year, BA Politics & Philosophy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (23)
10.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (134)
59.56%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.33%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (33)
14.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed