Oxford university vs Bedfordshire university

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys I’ve currently received an offer from both Oxford (A*AA) and Bedfordshire uni (CCD). I’m a local student who lives in Bedfordshire and I love the campus so much. I know Oxford is much better but i feel like I would be so much happier at Bedfordshire as my best friends will be going there next year as well! I’ve heard that the career prospects are obviously not comparable between the two but I’ve seen that Bedfordshire is ranked higher than Durham and the students there have said the university ranks in the top 20 in the world! So I’m sure it’s not that much of a difference really. Please let me know which I should firm as right now I’m leaning towards Bedfordshire. I also find the Oxford campus very ugly in comparison to Bedfordshire and also prestige wise I feel like Bedfordshire will be a top university in the coming years.
username3936428
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys I’ve currently received an offer from both Oxford (A*AA) and Bedfordshire uni (CCD). I’m a local student who lives in Bedfordshire and I love the campus so much. I know Oxford is much better but i feel like I would be so much happier at Bedfordshire as my best friends will be going there next year as well! I’ve heard that the career prospects are obviously not comparable between the two but I’ve seen that Bedfordshire is ranked higher than Durham and the students there have said the university ranks in the top 20 in the world! So I’m sure it’s not that much of a difference really. Please let me know which I should firm as right now I’m leaning towards Bedfordshire. I also find the Oxford campus very ugly in comparison to Bedfordshire and also prestige wise I feel like Bedfordshire will be a top university in the coming years.
Don’t turn down an offer from Oxford ...
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
you have to go with where you will be most comfortable. a lot of people on here strive for Oxbridge so they may tell you otherwise.

there would be nothing worse than wasting 3/4 years at a place you hate. obviously Oxford is a better university but if you know you’ll be happier elsewhere, it may be worth taking the risk!

congrats on the offers, you should be really proud of yourself!!
Last edited by baby.bear; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
They’re both well respected universities so well done on the offers!! But I would suggest Bedfordshire if you know you’ll be happier there! Good luck xx
confuzzledteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is so clearly a troll thread, I'm sorry.. You know we can see that you replied to your own post, right?

They’re both well respected universities so well done on the offers!! But I would suggest Bedfordshire if you know you’ll be happier there! Good luck xx
username3936428
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
This is so clearly a troll thread, I'm sorry.. You know we can see that you replied to your own post, right?
I was thinking how does someone have an offer from Oxford so early ... I swear they don’t give out offers until after interviews so like people don’t hear back until January
Anonymous #1
(Original post by soma.mehmood)
I was thinking how does someone have an offer from Oxford so early ... I swear they don’t give out offers until after interviews so like people don’t hear back until January
Some people deferred entry from last year so they’ve already got places though
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
University of Bedfordshire the GOAT university.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What did you decide to do? I’m in the same situation
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
What did you decide to do? I’m in the same situation
Did you just say that you're in the same situation as yourself in 2020?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Did you just say that you're in the same situation as yourself in 2020?
Huh wdym?
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Huh wdym?
I can see that you're the OP
coco:)
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Huh wdym?
Hey, it's the security guy from Sainsbury's, just wanted to let you know that we're onto you.
Last edited by coco:); 4 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by coco:))
Hey, it's the security guy from Sainsbury's, just wanted to let you know that we're on to you.
you have to go with where you will be most comfortable. a lot of people on here strive for Oxbridge so they may tell you otherwise.

there would be nothing worse than wasting 3/4 years at a place you hate. obviously Oxford is a better university but if you know you’ll be happier elsewhere, it may be worth taking the risk!

Rep:
Report 4 months ago

I- I- I can't believe this :adore:
Teach me your troll ways!
skylark2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Um, OP... if you look at the little number next to "Anonymous" to the left of the posts, it identifies when the same Anonymous user posts more than once in the same thread.

Everything posted by "Anonymous #1" is publicly identified as you. Yes, even though you made the thread a year ago.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by skylark2)
Um, OP... if you look at the little number next to "Anonymous" to the left of the posts, it identifies when the same Anonymous user posts more than once in the same thread.

Everything posted by "Anonymous #1" is publicly identified as you. Yes, even though you made the thread a year ago.
What did you expect from a bedfordshire student?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by skylark2)

Rep:
Report 4 months ago

This should be framed. :eek4:
username5839543
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I call this troll’s bluff, they are using TSR like a zombie got their brains and pretending not to understand it’s basic functions for attention.
Last edited by username5839543; 4 months ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (27)
23.68%
The paper was reasonable (50)
43.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
10.53%

Watched Threads