EAJB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am waiting for my second/last reference to send my application for primary PGCE at three different universities.

getintoteaching.gov.uk called me at 17:30 today, but only let the call ring twice and I didn't get to answer. I tried to call back a minute later, but they're now closed until Monday.

Does anyone know why they'd be calling me? Did they call anyone else in the same position?

Thanks!
Last edited by EAJB; 1 month ago
JamThatJam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They most likely called you to ask you about your options and set you up with and adviser
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EAJB)
I am waiting for my second/last reference to send my application for primary PGCE at three different universities.

getintoteaching.gov.uk called me at 17:30 today, but only let the call ring twice and I didn't get to answer. I tried to call back a minute later, but they're now closed until Monday.

Does anyone know why they'd be calling me? Did they call anyone else in the same position?

Thanks!
In my experience they are calling to find out if you have applied and pester you if you haven't. If you have applied, you have nothing to worry about. They are completely unrelated to the UCAS system.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EAJB)

Thanks!
Hello EAJB

The call would have been to offer you a Teacher Training Adviser. The adviser is someone who would be able to help you to prepare for your interviews for your teacher training course, as they are qualified and experienced teacher themselves. If you'd like an adviser, call Freephone 0800 389 2500 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Hoping your second ref doesn't take too long to respond!

Jane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.88%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (66)
28.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (87)
37.34%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.88%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.58%

Watched Threads