Is it and to wash hair twice a day?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Friends say it is but I don't think it is?
anon033
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have curly hair, so wash mine once to twice a week. But if it was straight I'd probably wash it once a day max. I don't think there's any need to wash it multiple times a day.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I wash once a day with shampoo and conditioner, probs bad but if I leave it longer then it gets too greasy. Twice a day with shampoo is definitely bad. If most of the time you’re just rinsing with water then it won’t be so bad.
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wash once a day with shampoo and conditioner, probs bad but if I leave it longer then it gets too greasy. Twice a day with shampoo is definitely bad. If most of the time you’re just rinsing with water then it won’t be so bad.
ONCE A DAY??? As in everyday?? :eek: Isn't that really bad for your hair?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mate you continue to surprise me when it comes to your appearance..

Now you've got curls??

Lol I literally pictured you as like....Dr. Who. The Matt Smith one.
Last edited by Bang Outta Order; 1 month ago
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not like I go around looking at everything you post lol its the way you type, I pictured ultra posh prep blond dude lol
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol you look like lad from the show misfits, Robert Sheehan https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...eenshot%29.jpg
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I would say so. 100% Yes if you are shampooing and all that too.
I have straight hair and I wash it every day, but most days its just a quick rinse. I only Shampoo and condition it every 2/3 days. On the other days it really is a pretty quick rinse. Washing it full on every day seems quite damaging, let alone multiple times.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ive always heard its not good to wash it more than twice a week. Why do you do it so often?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rarest)
Yeah, I would say so. 100% Yes if you are shampooing and all that too.
I have straight hair and I wash it every day, but most days its just a quick rinse. I only Shampoo and condition it every 2/3 days. On the other days it really is a pretty quick rinse. Washing it full on every day seems quite damaging, let alone multiple times.
But does that still apply if I get really greasy hair if I don't . I hate the feeling of it especially as even if I wash it once it becomes greasy in the evenings
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
I wash my hair everyday but just once a day.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Ive always heard its not good to wash it more than twice a week. Why do you do it so often?
I get really greasy hair and I hate the feeling of it and it gets greasy really badly.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
Do as you see fit, your hair on your head, for now.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You look like a bit like that kid from persona 5....
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
ONCE A DAY??? As in everyday?? :eek: Isn't that really bad for your hair?
What am I supposed to do? If I don’t use shampoo every day then my hair goes all greasy and ****
Sha.xo527
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust me, it is not.

If your hair is oily, then the more you wash it the more you'll have to wash it again, because your hair will create even more oil.

If your hair is naturally dry.... I imagine it being the Sahara desert now. But I will assume your hair is naturally oily.

If your hair is oily, train your hair to wash it like thrice a week. But some people do twice and stylists actually recommend twice.

Also, washing your hair twice per day gets rid of the natural oils that are beneficial for hair growth and strength. Before anyone says ''thrice or twice a week?!?! Isn't that dirty hair all week?'' No, it's not, if you trained your hair to last that long.

If there starts to be some oil at your scalp, brush your hair. It'll healthy distribute out the oils evenly. If there's even more e.g. 2 days, put on dry shampoo. A bit more oil? Wash day.

Unless you've been sweating at the gym a lot or fell into dust, no, don't wash your hair every day. Again, stylists recommend thrice per week, and twice being the best generally.
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What am I supposed to do? If I don’t use shampoo every day then my hair goes all greasy and ****
But that's really damaging to your scalp have you seen a doctor or someone about it?
Donnialy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok so it rlly depends on ur hair type BUT TYPICALLY once every two days to wash ur hair. If u have curly hair for e.g. then wash it less. If you have straight hair that gets greasy easily then wash it more - however not more than once a day. Again, washing it too much is bad for you as well. Basically whatever works for you and doesn't damage ur hair
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
i don’t know why anyone would do that unless they thought their hair was oily; but the hair will always be oily if you wash it that often because you’re drying out your scalp, which then overcompensates by creating more oil. i would say for the average person use shampoo every other day max.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.57%
I don't have everything I need (97)
39.43%

Watched Threads