rallan15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any suggestions? Would rather not study in England but happy for any other suggestions including international/private etc.
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey rallan15,

I'm a current Politics student at the Uni of Sheffield and although it's in England so it might not perfectly match your preferences, the Department of Politics & International Relations here is absolutely fantastic. The teachers are extremely knowledgeable and most of them are leading academics in their fields, the sort that write the books or articles we'd normally find in the key readings section. I personally love the variety of assessments and the teaching styles. On top of that, there are many opportunities you can take once you're a student here. Some of the people in the year above mine went to the G20 summit in Buenos Aires in 2018 as press staff and some of the papers they wrote about it got published. There are quite a few opportunities of this sort that are very particular to Sheffield (e.g. the Parliamentary Studies module where you get to see what it's like to work in Parliament) and some that are more generally available, but they take them very seriously. This and also, Sheffield is a really nice city to study in, I'm not from here and I grew fond of it and the people here soo quickly.

If you'd like to know more about any aspect of what a Politics & IR degree is like here or about the city, feel free to ask!

– Andreea
3rd Year, BA Politics & Philosophy
14bowieh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Out of non-English universities, but nevertheless within the United Kingdom, St Andrews offers a fantastic IR course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads