Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone applied for 2021 entry?

What subject? anyone applying for law
georginaprisadni
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’ve applied for law with foundation at Durham for 2021! Good luck and see you there hopefully
Numberjack
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi want predicted grades ( if you don’t mind me asking) did you apply to the foundation year with
Loukas l
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've also applied for law with a foundation year. Application submitted 6th Jan 21 and LNAT taken on the 15th Jan 21.
Numberjack
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Loukas l)
I've also applied for law with a foundation year. Application submitted 6th Jan 21 and LNAT taken on the 15th Jan 21.
I’ve applied for both this and the normal law degree. What predicted grades did you apply with as I’m worried mine aren’t sufficient
Loukas l
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Numberjack)
I’ve applied for both this and the normal law degree. What predicted grades did you apply with as I’m worried mine aren’t sufficient
Oh nice! I a mature student so a bit of a different route to you taken your A levels but I've been predicted all distinctions on my Access course. Don't know if this is of any help. Wishing you all the best of luck!
charm080378
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone applied for 2021 entry?

What subject? anyone applying for law
Yes I have. Applied for geology, slightly worried about the maths but more that prepared to work at it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the lnat is not required for the foundation year, you will need to submit it upon entry to law school (once completing the foundation year)
Anonymous #1
Hi want predicted grades ( if you don’t mind me asking) did you apply to the foundation year with
they are not required for foundation year, I can imagine if you are taking full 3 fat a level qualifications, you will probably be questioned as to why you didnt go through the normal 3 year route.

the scheme is not for those who won't make the entry requirements, but those with disrupting factors in their life.
Anonymous #1
Oh nice! I a mature student so a bit of a different route to you taken your A levels but I've been predicted all distinctions on my Access course. Don't know if this is of any help. Wishing you all the best of luck!
why didn't you apply via normal route surely you would stand a better chance?
Numberjack
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do have multiple disrupting factors as i'm an estranged student and so my grades are not what i would have been capable hence applying to both degrees to see how my application fairs.
Loukas l
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the lnat is not required for the foundation year, you will need to submit it upon entry to law school (once completing the foundation year)
The website says otherwise. I have attached a screen shot stating a satisfactory score must be provided prior to starting the course?
Loukas l
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A better chance? The foundation program caters to mature learners. One of the criteria is being a mature student. I should of applied for both the llb with foundation and the llb but I was unaware I could do so😭
Loukas l
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do have multiple disrupting factors as i'm an estranged student and so my grades are not what i would have been capable hence applying to both degrees to see how my application fairs.
I wish I had of done the same as my grades are right I was more so worried about my Lnat score.
Loukas l
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Better chance? The course caters to mature learners? Please clarify what is meant by this?
Attached files
Numberjack
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wish I had of done the same as my grades are right I was more so worried about my Lnat score.
My grades are only AAB which is much below what I needed . Actually tbf contextual was AAB so there’s some hope. But we’ll see
Anonymous #1
good luck, i think you must meet atleast two of their listed criteria
Loukas l
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My grades are only AAB which is much below what I needed . Actually tbf contextual was AAB so there’s some hope. But we’ll see
Fingers crossed I hope you do get an offer. Have u sat the LNAT?
Anonymous #1
The website says otherwise. I have attached a screen shot stating a satisfactory score must be provided prior to starting the course?
Yes, you are correct. Very misleading - I have personally contacted admissions, it is not needed - you will need to sit again next cycle if you want to progress onto law llb. - the foundation course for law, is the same content as philosophy or whatever course - and you don't need a lnat for that. so it would be unfair right?
Anonymous #1
A better chance? The foundation program caters to mature learners. One of the criteria is being a mature student. I should of applied for both the llb with foundation and the llb but I was unaware I could do so😭
The aim of the foundation is for people who haven't got A-Levels, it's not better for mature learners.
You are just adding on extra additional year, which is aimed on helping those get back into education.

You could have applied for LLB as a mature student, you have distinction in access - I don't see why they wouldn't deny you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (243)
51.37%
No (230)
48.63%

Watched Threads