MSc Management vs. Full-time Employment

Watch
jonmc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am due to graduate this year with a BSc in Computer Science. I am currently unsure whether to pursue an MSc in Management or whether to seek employment. Whilst I feel like studying Management would be interesting and potentially beneficial, I'm equally attracted to the prospect of earning significant money next year.

For a bit of background information, I haven't had the best of university experiences due to not meeting any likeminded people (not a very social university) and so in some ways probably want to draw a line under this chapter of my life. However, on the contrary, I would be studying in a city university either at, or closer to home should I opt to study a master's, so perhaps that would provide more of what I have been missing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. In particular if you've studied MSc Management then that would be great, but also any postgrads - what is the work / life balance like, anything you wish you'd known beforehand, etc.?
Anon12345678987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jonmc)
Hi,

I am due to graduate this year with a BSc in Computer Science. I am currently unsure whether to pursue an MSc in Management or whether to seek employment. Whilst I feel like studying Management would be interesting and potentially beneficial, I'm equally attracted to the prospect of earning significant money next year.

For a bit of background information, I haven't had the best of university experiences due to not meeting any likeminded people (not a very social university) and so in some ways probably want to draw a line under this chapter of my life. However, on the contrary, I would be studying in a city university either at, or closer to home should I opt to study a master's, so perhaps that would provide more of what I have been missing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. In particular if you've studied MSc Management then that would be great, but also any postgrads - what is the work / life balance like, anything you wish you'd known beforehand, etc.?
Have you thought of doing MSc Management part time if they offer it at the desired uni? It’ll give you the opportunity to study and earn money so 🤷🏽*♀️ Be sure to remember that employers are more drawn to work experience
jonmc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon12345678987)
Have you thought of doing MSc Management part time if they offer it at the desired uni? It’ll give you the opportunity to study and earn money so 🤷🏽*♀️ Be sure to remember that employers are more drawn to work experience
Thanks for the reply. I did consider this but unfortunately both of the unis I would be applying to don't offer this, which is a shame. The point about the work experience is a good one - I don't have much of it though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads