Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ARgh, i just checked my timetable fine, its okay,however i checked this blue handout we were given and the times of one lecture clashes for another module.
    Im confused,the blue book maybe incorrect, i don't know i got my sheet cheked and signed up and all the lecturees were like fine. So now im worried.
    Best idea is to email the lecturer,right? And double check?
    I don't know, i get worred over the smallest of things! lol

ReputationRep:
    Marvellous! The email addresses don't exist!

ReputationRep:
    Were you handed your timetable by hand? They should've checked it first (they did for me)!

What days the clash on? I'd say ring up but you can't until Monday now

EDIT: Have a look here: http://www.staffs.ac.uk/directory/

Try to find your lecturer and see if the email you have matches that!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,thanks, yeah the email adress was incorrect inthe bluehandout.
    Argh this is so irritating. Basically we had to get our module registration forms signed as well, he checked it and then signed in, after adding it on my timetable.
    But then on this bluehandout it says something different, i don't mind if there is a clash as i hope i can get on to this other module at least which had very few students signing upto it and it is on the same day just later on.
    But they will allow it right? I mean its still the starting lol?....Just something to put my mind at rest?.....I don't have to go in until Tuesday as thats the day my first lecture is with my personal tutor, so i'll have to ask her i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they'll let you change modules You've got 2 weeks into each semester to change the modules

Quite lucky as the module I got to pick was on a day where I had nothing!

ReputationRep:
    oh that's okay then.
    So how are you finding it? I'm still nervous .......like i don't think i'll be able to fit in with the people in my lectures and then more nervous when we do group work! .....hmmm lol

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying?
    What group, if any, are you in?

Whats the other module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncake sucks)
    oh that's okay then.
    So how are you finding it? I'm still nervous .......like i don't think i'll be able to fit in with the people in my lectures and then more nervous when we do group work! .....hmmm lol
    I'm a little nervous also (living at home brings this on I guess). For me, I know it's going to take a little extra to get to know people, but I'll do my best. I'm usually quite a shy person and lack confidence but I've had no problems talking to people this week (even though I've only met 5 at most!).

Just looking forward to the lectures and stuff starting, really!

ReputationRep:
    That's good,always nice to find someone positive lol yeah i'm living at the home as well,but i just hope i don't come across as some odd person lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncake sucks)
    That's good,always nice to find someone positive lol yeah i'm living at the home as well,but i just hope i don't come across as some odd person lol.
    Well I'm positive now, come next week I may be negative!

What course/campus you on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing English Lit in Stoke! How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Basically, recieved an email, the lecturer told me to contact the module leader now lol, so sent an email there.
    Oh well not that worried, sure it'll be sorted when i go in on Tuesday anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Computing Science in Stafford!

Just sorting all the paper I've got on my desk from the past week. Urgh.

Glad you're getting your problem sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, although i hope it does get sorted by Monday, if not guess when i go in on Tuesday i'll ask around. lol
    Do you drive down? How long does it take you? lol if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I drive Takes me about 10 minutes maximum, depends how fast I feel like driving :p:

Do you live relatively close (walking distance) to the Stoke campus, or driving/bussing your wayy there?

ReputationRep:
    lol lucky you. I live about 40 minutes away from Stoke, and that's driving.
    Would you have preferred living there though? I would'nt,seriously i would get homesick.I like the idea of being home in the evenings etc.

ReputationRep:
    Woa! Where abouts do you live then if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure if I would've preferred living in Halls. I quite like my house/room and I like to be able to chill out on my own sometimes / concentrate on work in peace!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! My timetable is fine, got a reply and the booklet is incorrect,so everything is fine.....for now lol
    Same here i prefer my room and house but it's mainly because of my family, most people can't wait to leave and go and want independance, but i guess im too attached to my family lol

ReputationRep:
    Lemon cake does not suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Lemon cake does not suck.
    :hmmm: It does!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2012

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.