sarah.xoxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I have an essay on 'compare the processes of translation and transcription in plants' but I need to cite and reference and cant find any good resources on these. could you please help thank you
abi_nicholls
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarah.xoxo)
Hi
I have an essay on 'compare the processes of translation and transcription in plants' but I need to cite and reference and cant find any good resources on these. could you please help thank you
Hi, have a look on scopus, web of science and pubmed. Do you have access to a library gateway with your course? I always find this a good place to start. You could also message other students on your coarse and ask them how they are finding resources?

Im sorry if this isn't much help.
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarah.xoxo)
Hi
Hi Sarah,
1. Go to:-
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Then select PMC from the dropdown for databases, and enter search terms in the field immediately to the right of this - you will get hundreds of papers listed with FOC access to .pdf files for the majority.

2. Try google scholar

For your search terms, try using the boolean operators [AND in the main [in all upper case]], which will narrow down your search and give you a smaller number of more relevant results.

If still stuck, pls feel free to PM me.
M.
Last edited by macpatgh-Sheldon; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.63%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (128)
28.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.81%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (59)
13.08%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.1%

Watched Threads