Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She overreacts to everything and it causes arguments or fights. Today she was screaming and shouting across the house because she thought the light was on in the hall but really it was just the sun shining into the house. There was a Starbucks drink bag in the bin and she was causing arguments about it because she thought it was a McDonald's bag then after minutes of arguing the evidence was there that it was a Starbucks bag when turning it round. I was eating crisps downstairs, she was in her room, we aren't allowed food upstairs and we respect that and I was eating downstairs but she heard my eating then accused was screaming that I'm eating upstairs while she was just sat in bed with no evidence of what she's accusing me of.

All this is false accusations and she had no evidence to back up her allegations so if you have no evidence then you can't just accuse people of doing stuff because you might be wrong like she has in the times I have explained above. I just hate it when things like this happen and they happen often so I don't really like living at home but I don't have the money to move out.
Anonymous #1
Bump
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She overreacts to everything and it causes arguments or fights. Today she was screaming and shouting across the house because she thought the light was on in the hall but really it was just the sun shining into the house. There was a Starbucks drink bag in the bin and she was causing arguments about it because she thought it was a McDonald's bag then after minutes of arguing the evidence was there that it was a Starbucks bag when turning it round. I was eating crisps downstairs, she was in her room, we aren't allowed food upstairs and we respect that and I was eating downstairs but she heard my eating then accused was screaming that I'm eating upstairs while she was just sat in bed with no evidence of what she's accusing me of.

All this is false accusations and she had no evidence to back up her allegations so if you have no evidence then you can't just accuse people of doing stuff because you might be wrong like she has in the times I have explained above. I just hate it when things like this happen and they happen often so I don't really like living at home but I don't have the money to move out.
She may have anger issues
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wired_1800)
She may have anger issues
It's not my problem
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not my problem
She is your mother.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wired_1800)
She is your mother.
Yes but its not my problem as arrogant as that sounds. She needs to get it sorted and stop her problems effecting me
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes but its not my problem as arrogant as that sounds. She needs to get it sorted and stop her problems effecting me
Ok
Nevarty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not my problem
If it’s not your problem then why is it ours?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nevarty)
If it’s not your problem then why is it ours?
Because its effecting me
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Because its effecting me
Idk man these people on the post seem inconsiderate about your situation 😂

Yes she is your mother, and it doesn’t really matter whos problem it is. I urge you to remain calm and not to speak rudely to her, her behaviour IS irrational, so now that we’ve established that, just remain calm. Even my mum does that sometimes, and it’s not right to accept toxic behaviour as a normality, though do accept that it’s from your mum, and also accept that there’s not much you can do about it because you live in the same household. Know that people are with imperfections, and sometimes it’s just good to vent. As long as you know you’re in the right that’s all that matters, there’s no need to prove anything if there’s no actual punishment (if she does sanction you, then it would be ok to ask if she has evidence). Wish you well.
Anonymous #1
Idk man these people on the post seem inconsiderate about your situation 😂

Yes she is your mother, and it doesn’t really matter whos problem it is. I urge you to remain calm and not to speak rudely to her, her behaviour IS irrational, so now that we’ve established that, just remain calm. Even my mum does that sometimes, and it’s not right to accept toxic behaviour as a normality, though do accept that it’s from your mum, and also accept that there’s not much you can do about it because you live in the same household. Know that people are with imperfections, and sometimes it’s just good to vent. As long as you know you’re in the right that’s all that matters, there’s no need to prove anything if there’s no actual punishment (if she does sanction you, then it would be ok to ask if she has evidence). Wish you well.
She keeps slapping me and **** and making me do stuff that im too anxious to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.46%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.08%

Watched Threads